Soundcard computer noise

vbimport

I’m a music lover/maker. And everytime i notice
a strange computer noise if i move my volume
up to a point that I hear that noise. When I move
my mouse or there is harddisk activity then the
noise gets more.

Does anyone had the same problem and
what did you had to do to make it disapear.

Roy.,-
-

what card & speakers do you have?

I use a SB 128 onboard and as a seperate card.
(both have the same problem)

I connect my line output to a amp with some
large speakers. PA like.

pull out the cable from the TV and stereo!! I have the same problem! But when i pull the Cable (antenna) out of my stereo everything just works perfect

There are filters you can place between the line in and your amplifier ( in specialiced audio stores ), and it helps.

Originally posted by Futureline
[B]I’m a music lover/maker. And everytime i notice
a strange computer noise if i move my volume
up to a point that I hear that noise. When I move
my mouse or there is harddisk activity then the
noise gets more.

Does anyone had the same problem and
what did you had to do to make it disapear.

Roy.,-
- [/B]

hy roy!

i had the same problem + 1 more. i killed them reasonably! here´s how you do it:
the mouse- and hdd-problem might come from a badly insulated connection - might be the output of your cd-drive, wich gets bad signals via the ground-line, cassis, etc. it might also be the cable, that leads from the cd-drive to the soundcard. try muting every channel (cd, line, mic, etc…), till you found the source of the noise.

the next cause might be a ground-loop, mostly caused by tv´s, because they are connected to the aerial of your antenna or cable. you can fix this with a special filter dunno english name. make sure to filter your antenna-signal, never your audio-signal, there are two filters sold, so watch out!

good luck! - nixx.

It can be many things, the problem probably exists on many computers, the reason is the IRQ (Interrupt Request) is being used to move the mouse pointer or read from the hard drive, this causes a tick every time it is polled. If you move your mouse quickly or for a large movement then the ticks join together and you hear a noise. I could be wrong, but it may just have to be something you have to live with.

If you have a mike plugged in take it out and see if that helps :wink:

Invest in an Audigy 4 soundcard. Get the OEM version which is much cheaper; it doesn’t have the remote control but who cares about that?