Soundblaster X-Fi software for logitech x-530 speakers

vbimport

I need installation cd for logitech x-530 speakers(5.1). There is a control panel that enables all speakers, it is installed from cd. Microsoft control panel was written a decade before these speakers were manufactured only to control volume, not 5 independent speakers… only logitech x-530 software will fix the problem.

Here’s the LogiTech X-530 site and it says “no software available”, which is what I expected.

I think you may need either the drivers for the Sound Card that you’re plugging these into, or the Motherboard’s installation CD if you’re plugging into it’s built-in sound system.

Are you plugging these into a Sound Card or the Motherboard? Can you give us specific model numbers for whichever of those?

(These are normally available as separate downloads.)

Oh - if you’re working on a name-brand computer - Dell, HP, Toshiba, Sony, etc - they will have a model number and their support websites will usually have the “audio drivers” to download as well.

Changed the thread title to something more meaningful

Thanks, Liggy. Much better…

Motherboard Asus p4c800E deluxe,
video Radeon 9259,
Pentium 4,
XP with SP3,
2046mb ram’
Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum{df40}.
The control panel/dashboard/speaker control device would let me make some speakers louder then others. I could switch between surround sound, classic, auditorium, concert hall Etc. It could be made mono or stereo form this control section. Two speakers in the back could be made louder or softer and the same control was available for the front speakers.
Did try the suggested audio converter…got 6 virus/malware…please do not use it.

[QUOTE=bigben2;2661245]
Did try the suggested audio converter…got 6 virus/malware…please do not use it.[/QUOTE]

What suggested audio converter?

Here’s a link to downloads for your sound card: http://support.creative.com/Products/ProductDetails.aspx?catID=1&CatName=sound+blaster&subCatID=208&subCatName=X-Fi&prodID=14065&prodName=X-Fi+Platinum

[In case that direct link doesn’t work, a Google search: https://www.google.com/search?q=Sound+Blaster+X-Fi+Platinum+downloads+site:creative.com]

Hopefully, the necessary control panel will be available in the Windows XP driver download package (you’ll have to navigate to the bottom of the page to manually select Windows XP as your operating system).

Try the Autoupdate button for Creative (the maker of your soundcard). You can find it here: http://support.creative.com/Products/ProductDetails.aspx?catID=1&CatName=sound+blaster&subCatID=208&subCatName=X-Fi&prodID=14065&prodName=X-Fi+Platinum

Edit: Albert beat me to the punch by one minute.

Thanks for new directions, have not as yet tried all.
The program mentioned earlier was AudioConveterSetup.
Not to confused with audioconveter_setup or audioconverter.

If there are continuing problems…

I don’t have an ASUS P4C800E Deluxe around, so I can’t check its BIOS, but I think your Soundblaster card will auto-disable the motherboard’s built-in audio.

But you might check. If you know how to “enter SETUP” or "enter “BIOS setup” when you first turn on the computer (“press DELETE to enter SETUP” is the usual keystroke as the computer is first turned on), then you might go thru and verify the built-in sound system is ‘disabled’.

You might also go thru the Control Panel’s ADD-REMOVE SOFTWARE and see if there’s any “SoundMax” drivers installed. These relate to the motherboard’s built-in audio system. You can uninstall those, as if they might hamper the Soundblaster drivers (no, they should NOT, but still…)

Soundblaster will have many packages and updates to install. Some may fail on First Try because they want to be installed in some sequence. Their Auto-Updater is the best option, but I’ve sometimes had to try-try-again and magically they’d work after several re-tries. (My husband swears that my threats with a sledgehammer had nothing to do with the success that very next time, however. I dunno, though… nothing else changed…)

Hello, still alive, sick for 8 days now…still sick. Took card out of system (no power) restarted, Ran setup from cd with previous system removed. Got 40% say functionality.
Started re-running cd to enable repair function. At the end it calls for a restart. Tried ‘start-shutdown-restart’, would not restart. Tried restart from task manager to no avail.
Tried “shutdown -r -f -m \MyServer -t 60 -d up:125:1” from start-run,-enter info-press OK, no luck. Used the computer full name and description name found in system properties If it will not restart the repairs will not work,(I believe) as wanted. Will try going to bios.
The last message on screen is “The product registration program is currently detecting your Creative products(s). This may take a few seconds Please wait…”
It finds “SB X-FiXtreme Music” then stops. Cannot find it in task manager and do not now its process name.
On to bios…

[QUOTE=ChristineBCW;2661291]If there are continuing problems…

I don’t have an ASUS P4C800E Deluxe around, so I can’t check its BIOS, but I think your Soundblaster card will auto-disable the motherboard’s built-in audio.

But you might check. If you know how to “enter SETUP” or "enter “BIOS setup” when you first turn on the computer (“press DELETE to enter SETUP” is the usual keystroke as the computer is first turned on), then you might go thru and verify the built-in sound system is ‘disabled’.

You might also go thru the Control Panel’s ADD-REMOVE SOFTWARE and see if there’s any “SoundMax” drivers installed. These relate to the motherboard’s built-in audio system. You can uninstall those, as if they might hamper the Soundblaster drivers (no, they should NOT, but still…)

Soundblaster will have many packages and updates to install. Some may fail on First Try because they want to be installed in some sequence. Their Auto-Updater is the best option, but I’ve sometimes had to try-try-again and magically they’d work after several re-tries. (My husband swears that my threats with a sledgehammer had nothing to do with the success that very next time, however. I dunno, though… nothing else changed…)[/QUOTE]

(This is a day later - sorry, I hadn’t looked at this forum for a day.)

The “incomplete installation” is something I had occur on many generations of Creative Soundblasters across all varieties of motherboards. Sometimes, “doing it 2-3-4 times” solved the problem without any changes in MY processes.

There’s also an issue that Windows and its various updates can strangulate some service updates, too -I have many applications that I install, for example, before XP’s SP3, or only after Win7-SP1. It’s like a hopscotch game, apparently. Grrr.

As for no shutdowns… I wait for a certain “stalled out” period - 10 minutes? 5? 15? - and then I’ll do a power-down myself, grumbling the whole time, and try to re-install whatever I was doing prior to this point. “If you don’t succeed at first, try learning more cuss words.” I think that’s how the saying goes…

Next, see if you have ANY Soundblaster Control Panel applets installed, and see if you can use their “auto update” via the Internet. Sometimes this works.

You shouldn’t need a lot of applications loaded onto your computer to get 5.1 or 2.1 speakers enabled. The Basic Driver should do that. The other extraneous apps that Soundblaster offers have different media players and “effects” toolboxes, but really don’t affect the basic functions of the 5.1 or 2.1 speaker setups.

I forgot that certain programs have higher priority. A normal "start-shutdown-restart was not high enoughof priority. start-run-(type) “shutdown -r -f -t 120” in text box and click on ok. shutdown , (reset), (forcequit) ,(in 120 seconds). If it is actually restarting…albeit slowly you will lose data. I believe that one component on the card is defective. Sound to one speaker (default setting?) is all I get right now. will take it out and examine it tommorrow. This Bronchitis is taking out a lot of get up and go. Again, thanks for the input…

Any chance you can pull the card and give IT your bug?!! Gee - wouldn’t that be great!

Took out card and gave it good long look. No swollen capacitors, burned traces or chips with cracks on them. Will now uninstall all Creative from card and systsem and retry. I would have been nice if my bug killed the cards bug…poetic.

Used revo to clean out remnants of X-Fi put CD info on hard drive as CD was not always read properly. Verified the same amount of bytes on drive copy and CDs. Had to do this several times…could have been part of the problem. Went to msconfig to clean boot…all programs loaded…no problem. Card has output on one channel. Do believe that the card is not as good as it once was…about 1/3 of the functions are available, with one channel producing sound and the microphone input works. It still has good sound output though. I guess this is solved and thanks for listening…reading?