SoundBlaster Live! Value for Windows XP Professional

vbimport

Hi. First of all, thanks for reading this. I will try to give as much information as is possible. Now, onto the problem at hand.

Today, I installed Windows XP Professional. During installation, I got errors stating that swe_enum.sys, srgb.icm, and tshoot.dll were unreadable from the CD. I chose to skip the files and continue with the installation.

Once installation was finished, I attempted to play an MP3 in Winamp from one of my backup CDs, and received an error that I needed to install the proper drivers.

So, I went to Windows Update and downloaded the driver update there. After installation, I restarted and it gave me a message in the system tray saying that new hardware titled Creative SB Live! (WDM) was found and was being installed. So, I went back to Winamp and tried to play another mp3 (and also a wav file). Again, I got the same error.

Next, I went to Creative's website and got their XP Update from there. After installation, I again restarted. I was unable to get any sound as I got an error everytime I tried.

After searching the internet, I found this page (http://www.tek-tips.com/gviewthread.cfm/lev2/66/lev3/68/pid/750/qid/241724) which looked like it may be of some assistance. I tried all the remedies on there but to no avail.

By the way, I switched my sound card to a different PCI slot and still got no results.

Oh, and one more thing; I was running the Home Edition of XP before installing Professional and my card worked fine immediately after installation.

Any help at all would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Christopher

I don’t think its WinXP Pro’s fault, I have a PIII 533mhz pc, 512MB RAM, with a SB Live! on it running fine. I didn’t do any driver updates, when I installed XP Pro I just did a clean format and installed it, then winamp. I think the only way I see is that your XP Pro might not have been a clean installation. You should stick with Home anywayz, there aren’t really any features in Pro that is really worthwhiled.

Hope this helps
DFourthHorseman