Soundblaster Copy-Protection

Well seems the new soundblaster sound cards are protected with DRM and have limited features.Well the only way to stop this is too show these people we are not going to put up with it before our pc’s are totally locked with copy-protection.Please everyone take a quick second to email the Senior Manager at Creative labs and let them know how you feel about what they are doing.If thers enough of us we can make the difference.Thanks!!!
Email:poshaughnessy@creative.com
poshaughnessy
Lets flood them with mail boys!!!:a

:poshaughnessy@creative.com

Incase anyone has any bounce backs with this.

its actually suposed to read
Email:poshaughnessy@creative.com

of cause most of you already knew that :stuck_out_tongue: creates a smiley.

Note : i do not condone spam…but this may be a good cause.

It’s more likely that that DRM has already been put into the older SB Live’s and needs to be activated with the right software (LiveWare 4?).

Before the SB Audigy was released ppl already spoke of built-in DRM techniques but no one ever talked about it again… seems like they already put it in but never used it… until…

I do believe the entire DRM regarding Creative’s soundcard relies on the software(drivers) entirely , so it could be hacked :slight_smile:

No worries till it’s hardware implemented…

Funny how they bring it though :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Mr. Belvedere
I do believe the entire DRM regarding Creative’s soundcard relies on the software(drivers) entirely , so it could be hacked :slight_smile:

I guess that 3rd party drivers are the future… (Linux?)…