Sound problems when authoring DVD

I tried to author a dvd using a avi file encoded with TMPGEnc to DVD and authored with IfoEdit.

I burnt the files created with IfoEdit to a DVD using Nero, put all to files to Video_Folder.

When I tried the DVD in my standalone player, there wasn’t any music, sound terribles sound.

What have I done wrong ?

Try using another program such as TMPGEnc DVD Author instead of IFOEdit.
//Danne

I tried TMPEGEnc DVD Author and now I get a decent sound, but the image is not synchronised with the audio. How can I shyncronise the video and the audio ?

There appears to be a stream of sync problems from many forum members when using TMPGEnc DVD Author. I would suggest DVDLab as an alternative.

If you convert the audio to AC3 format then the use of AC3 Delay Corrector can fix the sync problem for you. Get it from doom9.net d/l section

And if the problem exists in the original avi file. Can it be corrected before converted with TMPGEnc ?

One more question; Is it mandatory for the audio file to be 48000 hz ?

Originally posted by pladeira
And if the problem exists in the original avi file. Can it be corrected before converted with TMPGEnc ?

Its easier to fix after the conversion than before. As I said, convert the audio to AC3 and use AC3 Delay Corrector to pull it into sync. Its pretty easy but does need a bit of guess work.

Originally posted by pladeira
One more question; Is it mandatory for the audio file to be 48000 hz ?

For DVD compliance, YES !