Sound is f*cked up

Hi there,

I have some problems making divx to svcd (wanna use em on a DVD through DVD-lab, svcd format so i can put 4 hours movie on 1 dvd).

Movie info:
1:50 hours
Normal sound (mp3 i guess)
app. 700 mb

This is what i have done:

Started virtualdub and checked for bad frames
Exported .wav file (made some changes to bitrate and volume
Started nandub with textsub to get subtitles on it, used the frame server.
Used TMPGEnc to put the frame server file and the .wav file together to SVCD (pal) format (saved as .mpg).
Checked the movie (with BSplayer):

• Subtitles are fine
  • Video quality is good
  • But the audio does very strange: Sometimes it goes ahead of the video, and sometime the video goes ahead of the audio! So it means that this is not a audio stretch of displacement prob!
  • Did the same with an AC3 movie, same result

What am i doing wrong and what should i do?

GRTZ Marco:confused:

Extract the audio with Nandub, as it can handle VBR MP3’s and AC3 audio while VirtualDUB cannot.

Could also try frameserving the whole thing with AVISynth, including the subs. If the file does use VBR mp3 audio, then it would be served up as PCM.

Originally posted by dark wanderer
[B]Hi there,

I have some problems making divx to svcd (wanna use em on a DVD through DVD-lab, svcd format so i can put 4 hours movie on 1 dvd). [/B]

The best would be to encode the AVI directly to DVD compliant file. Read the AVI to DVDR Tutorial but in the Bitrate Tab, dont set CD size to 4400, but to 2200 and it will produce a file 1/2 the size of a DVDR. Do the same to another and author both in DVDLab and make a Menu. If they are short AVI (in time), then maybe even try 1/3 of 4400 and do the same to another 2. Then author all 3.

Going from

AVI -> SVCD --> DVD will produce substantially lower quality than
AVI --> DVD and will have substantially less playback problems. (Just because your DVD Player plays SVCD’s doesnt automatically mean it will play SVCD authored and burnt to a DVDR).

if i conclude that a data dvd fits more than 6 data cd’s, and my 3 movies are all 2 cd versions, than i should be able to put them all three on 1 dvd without losing quality yes or no?

Yes, but only if they are VCD or SVCD. If they are DivX, they will need to be converted first and will most definitely be larger files