Sound Forge 7.0 is out!

PROFESSIONAL DIGITAL AUDIO EDITING SOFTWARE

Sound Forge® software is an award-winning digital audio editor that includes a powerful set of audio processes, tools, and effects for recording and manipulating audio. This industry-standard application is the professional’s choice for audio editing, audio recording, effects processing, streaming content creation, and more.
Sound Forge 7.0 software continues to build on its decade-long legacy by adding features that make it more powerful than ever to enhance your workflow and productivity. These include: DirectX® plug-in effects automation, automated time-based recording and audio threshold record triggering, VU/PPM meters for RMS playback and record monitoring, enhanced Spectrum Analysis tools, white, pink, and brown noise generators, clipped peak detection and marking, Media Explorer, Sound Forge project file creation, support for 24fps DV video files and much more. After more than 10 years, Sound Forge 7.0 software remains the standard for professional audio editing and mastering on the PC platform.

“The industry standard is still the industry standard.”

• Recording Magazine

>><<

Taken over by Sony?? :confused: Hmmph, I think Sony will do a better job with development anyhow ;).

For those searching for a link, here ya go.

Edit:

BoSkin has a link…click the picture :stuck_out_tongue:

sony actually made a spyware of soundforge. i just installed version 7.0, and according to my firewall it’s trying to connect to stats.sonicfoundry.com, EACH TIME YOU START THE PROGRAM.

SO FUCK OFF SONY!!!

“‘Sony Sound Forge’ from your computer wants to connect to stats.sonicfoundry.com [12.148.206.103], port 80”

Oh, mama mia, what a hazard ! :rolleyes:

Don’t you know how to customize the security level for it or
simply how such things are being disabled/deleted ?

“Oh, mama mia, what a hazard !”

well, if someone someday will steal your work through a backdoor, you’ll might see things in a different way. i’m quite serious about such issues.

“Don’t you know how to customize the security level for it or
simply how such things are being disabled/deleted ?”

as i said, i’m using a firewall. no software goes online without my authorization. btw, forget SpybotSD, it’s a crap. if i write a fresh trojan now and put it on your machine, it won’t recognize it. i would say that a firewall is a much better choice, it also protects you from worms.

one last thing i’d like to say regarding my first post here: i was pissed off, because sony just took over sonic foundry, and the very first thing they did, was the implementation of this spyware functionality.

Originally posted by 747

well, if someone someday will steal your work through a backdoor

as i said, i’m using a firewall. no software goes online without my authorization.

because sony just took over sonic foundry, and the very first thing they did, was the implementation of this spyware functionality.

It’s rather doubtful if this ever happens. Cannot say more than that.

I did keep it in mind when saying about the security level.

Well, frankly, I didn’t notice any dramatical differences between the 6th and the 7th versions.

Originally posted by 747
[B]SpybotSD, it’s a crap.

i was pissed off, because sony just took over sonic foundry [/B]

Spybot is a piece of S@$, crappy software, YES IT IS. I hate it and was very angry when Sonic Foundry was taken over by Sony.
F&
# OFF SONY!

Originally posted by eddy_nl

Spybot is a piece of S@$, crappy software, YES IT IS.
I hate it and was very angry when Sonic Foundry was taken over by Sony.
F&
# OFF SONY!
eddy_nl,

thanks for sharing w us your valuable thoughts and views ! :bigsmile:

Originally posted by 747
[B]sony actually made a spyware of soundforge. i just installed version 7.0, and according to my firewall it’s trying to connect to stats.sonicfoundry.com, EACH TIME YOU START THE PROGRAM.

SO FUCK OFF SONY!!!

“‘Sony Sound Forge’ from your computer wants to connect to stats.sonicfoundry.com [12.148.206.103], port 80” [/B]

well before they were bought by Sony they’ve been doing this.

There should be an option in Sound Forge options somewhere to take off checking for new versions at startup, or something to that effect. As soon as I download it I’ll check it out.

Originally posted by cynicalbastard

There should be an option in Sound Forge options somewhere to take off checking for new versions at startup
There’s no such an option there, you are just being referred to the latest [COLOR=blue]updates

There’s no such an issue either, simply because there are lots of firewall options, differenet tricks & utilities,
last but not least, spywares that are meant to prevent the described occasions from happening.
You know what I mean ?[/COLOR]

Options menu > Preferences > General tab:
Use Net Notify to stay informed about Sony products

Use Net Notify to stay informed about Sony products

When this check box is selected, Sound Forge will periodically display information from Sony at startup. Clear the check box to bypass the Net Notify dialog.

Believe it or not, I’ve never had any info displayed from Sony @startup.

To fix it goto : firewall > program control > program options > filter options.

It is only spyware, BTW, if it is NOT present in the EULA, so when one presses the “I Agree” button, that’s it. In this case it is quite harmless since it can (and should) be disabled from within the application itself. I did the same thing with CD Architect, as it would arrempt to connect to the net. A simple tick in the Preferences menu solves that problem. Cheers.