Sound Blaster X-fi

I hope this is posted in the correct place.

I have just bought a 42" flat screen tv and I would like to use this as a second monitor. I have plugged in the leads and I have a great picture but I cant seem to connect my sb x-fi card.
I have a feeling that I cant connect this card! Does anyone know if I can? I have the 7.1 creative speakers for my pc, but I am stuck on how to connect the card.
If I cant connect this card, is there a average card I can buy that will allow me to do this?
Any help apreciated.

Thankyou

Which card is it?

The Elite has a seperate box that has outputs on it.

The others I am not so sure of.

Probably the only way is to take the stero output from the back and split it into Left / Right to go into your tv else.

looked in device manager, just says sb x-fi, it came with my dell pc.

artman: what connection cable do the speakers have? separate plug for front/rear/sides/sub or a digital connection cable?

most x-fi’s have a ‘flexijack’ that serves as digital output, microphone in, aux in/out etc. that jack should be the left one (looking onto all the jacks). you will have to configure the function of that jack using the creative software.

[QUOTE=theEye;1947231]artman: what connection cable do the speakers have? separate plug for front/rear/sides/sub or a digital connection cable?

most x-fi’s have a ‘flexijack’ that serves as digital output, microphone in, aux in/out etc. that jack should be the left one (looking onto all the jacks). you will have to configure the function of that jack using the creative software.[/QUOTE]

Hi, I dont understand the first part of your answer, on the back of the sound card there are 4 mini jacks the first is unused and the next three are used for my creative speakers. There is another type of connection but I dont know what that is.
Maybe the first jack is the one which should be configured?? but how and where would I do this in the software?
Sorry but I am not very technical.

Thankyou very much for your help, I await your reply…

[QUOTE=artman;1947238]Hi, I dont understand the first part of your answer, on the back of the sound card there are 4 mini jacks the first is unused and the next three are used for my creative speakers. There is another type of connection but I dont know what that is.
Maybe the first jack is the one which should be configured?? but how and where would I do this in the software?
Sorry but I am not very technical.

Thankyou very much for your help, I await your reply…[/QUOTE]

Have you read your manual on your card features?? Also what exact model is your card there are varying X-Fi model cards so knowing which card your referring to would go along way to help clarify any confusion?

Done a system check with Aida32 and all it says there is:

Creative SB X-Fi [NoDB]

This may help you. Close to the bottom of the page. Click.

[QUOTE=crossg;1947627]This may help you. Close to the bottom of the page. Click.[/QUOTE]

Actually, the OP does not have a retail X-Fi at all. That X-Fi that the OP has is an OEM product manufactured for Dell. And you cannot use retail X-Fi drivers with the Dell-specific X-Fi without messing up some of the card’s functions.

[quote=RJL65;1947684]Actually, the OP does not have a retail X-Fi at all. That X-Fi that the OP has is an OEM product manufactured for Dell. And you cannot use retail X-Fi drivers with the Dell-specific X-Fi without messing up some of the card’s functions.[/quote]You could very well be right. I have owned a few Dell’s in my time with SB audio cards and nvidia or ATI GFX cards and never used the Dell drivers. Always used the latest from Creative, nVidia or ATI because Dell drivers at the time were very outdated. Never had any issues. There are OEM’s available to the public and I doubt they use Dell drivers (not trying to be argumentitive here). Mine is an eXtreme gamer but windows update doesn’t say for what X-FI card the update is for, although mine is retail.

[QUOTE=crossg;1947627]This may help you. Close to the bottom of the page. Click.[/QUOTE]

Ok tried what you suggest may help above. Found the ‘flexijack’ config and changed to digital I/O plugged in the mini jack and this time I had sound! only thing is it was coming from the tv speakers very ‘crackly’ and quiet.
I am waiting for a home theatre system for the tv which should arrive soon, I wonder if that will help when I plug the minijacks L/R into the home cinema system instead of the tv??
I do hope so, in any case I will post back here when I find out.
I am very greatfull for everyones help, thankyou.