Sound Blaster X-Fi problems. Software issue

vbimport

Hello everyone,

My Creative SB X-FI’s software got completely screwed over. It all started with the Digital ins/outs not working.

To solve that problem, I re-installed using the Disk which came with the soundcard.

The computer was made and built in December of 2007. I bought it from a company called Next Generation Computer. I have no idea how they installed the card originally.

I have figured out what’s wrong, but I don’t know how to fix it.
I’ll put in some fancy pictures, to illustrate. Pictures are easier than words.

I thought that might be something important.

I remember this because I have a good memory for stuff like this.

That is important as well I think.

I cannot load the Entertainment mode consoles or Gaming mode consoles, but I can open the Audio Creation mode Console.

I can switch between them without any problems, but there is no use for that without any sound.

Any help is good help.

Thanks in advance,

–Tyrone

try this, first exit/shutdown any little sound blaster programs that are running on the bottom right (right click > exit). Then go to add/remove programs and uninstall all sound blaster programs. If it wants you to reboot, then go ahead. Lastly go to sound blaster website and find the latest drivers for your soundcard and install them.

Thanks a ton!
It’s all fixed now, except for the Digital In/Out part.
There will probably be an answer for than on Google.

[QUOTE=timbit2006;2555498]Thanks a ton!
It’s all fixed now, except for the Digital In/Out part.
There will probably be an answer for than on Google.[/QUOTE]

Did you contact Creative??? That would be a start as well…

It’s way too much work for what it is worth contacting creative.
You need the serial number and product ID from the card, meaning you have to open up the computer and actually look…
Would rather just do a Google, but that’s not really my main priority right now.
Main priority is wiping out the Anglo-Saxons in Civilization IV.