Sothink Movie DVD Maker problem

vbimport

I try to burn an avi file to dvd using this program. It converts the avi file to dvd format and then starts to burn. It gets to 2% on the burning process and then just stops. The drive slows the disc down and when it goes to speed the disc back up it slows down again. It repeats this step over and over and the burn process doesnt get any higher than 2%. I tried slowing down the burn speed from 12x (the max speed is 16x) to 8x and it did the same thing. If anyone knows how to get around this problem please let me in on it. Thanks.

Without knowing what kinda burner your using were just shooting in the wind. Also don’t mention what kinda media your using? Could be your media your using is of bad quality and need to get more better media. As to the program I have no knowledge of that software to know what to say about that software.

And aside from that, you may want to use a better known software. ConvertXtoDVD would be the best choice, although it isn’t free. DVD Flick and FAVC are both free. Use them to create iso images and then burn with ImgBurn…also free.

Just got an email from “Sothink” video software outfit offering to upgrade their old programs for free with also a 50% off voucher code as well . Thing is this looks in every way the same software that is “DVDFAB” take a look

http://www.sothinkmedia.com/blu-ray-creator.htm

Please note if you own for instance full version of their “HDcreater” you will only get their dvdcreater.

Never heard of it.:bigsmile::bigsmile: Just loooked at the above link and it says, Note: a 3rd party decrypter is needed if you want to convert the protected Blu-rays. :iagree:

Okay I did some checking and the program works like DVDFAB, its a good program but it doesn’t decrypt like Fab does, but luckily for a lot of people DVDFAB just gave out free serials their Passkey Program to over a million users so if you were one of the lucky ones, this program is excellent. Now to answer the OPs question. When the issue you are having happens its usually a dirty or defective disc, try a new blank or your writers might be in need of replacement. If the avi file is truely in DVD Format, you should have 2 folders in your video, a video file with a .vob file and an audio folder which is usually empty. Look to see if the .vob file is the size of the video you want to burn.

I was one of the lucky ones to get that free lifetime serial and I can verify Alan’s comment, Passkey works brilliantly on all levels from blu-ray movies, blu-ray audio as well as DVD. After installing that, I can use any program I like as the stream is decrypted on the fly - Fantastic program…

[QUOTE=Xercus;2762762]I was one of the lucky ones to get that free lifetime serial and I can verify Alan’s comment, Passkey works brilliantly on all levels from blu-ray movies, blu-ray audio as well as DVD. After installing that, I can use any program I like as the stream is decrypted on the fly - Fantastic program…[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=alan1476;2762758]Okay I did some checking and the program works like DVDFAB, its a good program but it doesn’t decrypt like Fab does, but luckily for a lot of people DVDFAB just gave out free serials their Passkey Program to over a million users so if you were one of the lucky ones, this program is excellent. Now to answer the OPs question. When the issue you are having happens its usually a dirty or defective disc, try a new blank or your writers might be in need of replacement. If the avi file is truely in DVD Format, you should have 2 folders in your video, a video file with a .vob file and an audio folder which is usually empty. Look to see if the .vob file is the size of the video you want to burn.[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys, I do have “AnydvdHD” anyway on my system and I believe that conflicts
with “passkey” am I right ?

[QUOTE=mosis14;2762773]Thanks guys, I do have “AnydvdHD” anyway on my system and I believe that conflicts
with “passkey” am I right ?[/QUOTE]No you can have them both on your system but only 1 running at a time. Its silly to them both installed though, overkill.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2762758]If the avi file is truely in DVD Format, you should have 2 folders in your video, a video file with a .vob file and an audio folder which is usually empty. Look to see if the .vob file is the size of the video you want to burn.[/QUOTE]
I don’t know about you but this is way to much work just to make a DVD format - I would just use ConvertXtovideo Ultimate to do the work already.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2762776]I don’t know about you but this is way to much work just to make a DVD format - I would just use ConvertXtovideo Ultimate to do the work already.[/QUOTE]
There are hundreds of programs to this, but he owns the one in question, the answer is not to buy another program, the answer is to help him with the one he has.