Sorry wrong forum but need urgent help - installing benq burner on dell

vbimport

I need help in installing a benq dvd burner on my dell 4600 computer pentium 4 2.66 mhz.
I have a cdrom on top 5.25 inches bay and I want to install a dvd burner on bottom of that 5.25 inches bay.
I can open my dell 4600 computer on one side but not on the other. I would like to install my benq burner on top spot and put cd rom on bottom of that.
but i cannot take out cd rom as it has 4 screws. i can only reach to one screw.
To reach to 2 other screws i would have to open the other side of dell computer but there are no instructions on how to do that.
also to reach to 3rd screw i would have to reach inside the side which is open but that 3rd screw is directly beneath the side panel.
and i can’t reach there.
does anyone know how to do that?
even if i place dvd burner directly beneath the cd rom i will have to put 4 screws in that but i can only install one screw as to install 2 screws i would have to open the other side of dell computer and I dont know how to do that.
also to install the 3rd screw i would have to reach inside with hand underneath the open side , there are no instructions on how to do that?
could anyone help me please?

You’re right, wrong forum… You won’t get much help here cross posting. Your post in the hardware forum will get a response if someone has a 4600… Why not contact Dell for that world famous support they promise?

hi, i have a dell 4600, the plate on the other side of the computer CAN be opened, try looking again harder. i forgot the details, but i tried doing what you want to do, and i’m sure you can open the other side.

Cross post - continue the conversation here!

Thread closed!