Sorry i'm sure i should know this but... Nero 6.0.0.28

Hi can someone tell me step by step how to configure and burn dvd’s with nero 6.0.0.28??? I can encode the files but each time i try to burn it to dvd i get an error message saying it cannot burn to the dvd type and to try using a compatable dvd disc or change configuration settings. I have no idea why it wont burn to the dics i have tried dvd-r and dvd-rw but with no luck. I have the nero startsmart oem suite 1 if that helps and run anydvd in the background. I run windows xp with pentium 4 with a NEC computer. I’m based in australia so have it set to PAL australia. Can someome please tell me how to configure the damn thing correctly?

Any help would be great. I used to use dvdsanta and that was so easy but for some reaosn it just stopped working, just freezes now when you try to load a media file.

I’m sure its very simple to work out but i’m just not getting it right yet.

Thanks

Zoepiglet

What is the DVD burner you’ve got? And the version of Nero you’re using , was it supplied with the burner?

My initial thought is that your burner will only burn DVD+R/RW & not the -Rs

The nero version is 6.0.0.28? Nero startsmart OEM suite???. The burner is
hl-dt-st dvdram gsa-4163b dvd/cd-r.

Does that help? Nero is not the software it came with, it came with Recordnow. I have been using + discs on here fine up until now with no problem it just seems nero doenst like it. I installed updates for nero for xp system and now i get an error stating that to burn the dvd i need a dvd-video plug in for some of the movies? so i dont know now if it will burn to the discs or not until i get the plug in.

Any ideas? Thanks again

Zoepiglet

ok i just downloaded nero version 7.0.1.4 or something like that and have looked at the Nero info tool, it appears that it doenst support HD dvd-r, hd dvd-rw or hd dvd-rom in either the read or write function, i’m pretty sure that is the reason it wont work due to my dvd device, does that sound right?? There are boxes next to these option but i’m unable to select them.

Does anyone know if there is a plug in i need etc??? or if this version is just incompatable???

Thanks

Zoepiglet