sony16D1 MII : are they any good?

vbimport

Just bought a cake of 50 SONY DVD-R 16x very cheap so I had to do a quick search on their quality :slight_smile:

They’re identified as SONY16D1 and in the box it says they’re made in india, MII.

Any comments about these? Are they any good? 1st grade?

Hi cifroes, Welcome to CDFreaks :flower:

Interesting, I have never come across MII, I have SONY16D1 Made in Malaysia and I am happy with them.

What DVD burner do you have?

I believe Kevatcrewe has used some of these…hopefully he’ll see this thread and respond. :slight_smile:

Edit: found two threads whilst you’re waiting for more info:

Sony DVD+R (Made in India) - Is it original 1st class media
Sony 16x -R Made In India

That should cover both - and +R for future reference :slight_smile:

[quote=MegaDETH;2038517]

What DVD burner do you have?[/quote]

NEC ND-3520A

Arachne

thanks for the links, I’m ashamed because I tried searching with no luck… But I read the DVD-R thread and it seems nobody tested them(?)

So still… My question is open, are they any good? (damm, should have bought DVD+R for 2€ more)

[QUOTE=Arachne;2038518]I believe Kevatcrewe has used some of these…hopefully he’ll see this thread and respond. :slight_smile:

Edit: found two threads whilst you’re waiting for more info:

Sony DVD+R (Made in India) - Is it original 1st class media
Sony 16x -R Made In India

That should cover both - and +R for future reference :)[/QUOTE]

Hi Guys,

Unfortunately I have not used any of these MII Sony’s, the ones I have used have been Made In Taiwan and Made In Austria - however, I would buy a pack and see how they go. As an interesting side note, in the B&Q where I work old stock of 8x SONY08D1 and SONYD11 Made in Taiwan have resurfaced for sale, but I dont know how many other stores have them in stock.

Kev :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Kevatcrewe;2040907]Hi Guys,

Unfortunately I have not used any of these MII Sony’s, the ones I have used have been Made In Taiwan and Made In Austria - however, I would buy a pack and see how they go. As an interesting side note, in the B&Q where I work old stock of 8x SONY08D1 and SONYD11 Made in Taiwan have resurfaced for sale, but I dont know how many other stores have them in stock.

Kev :)[/QUOTE]

Oooops…sorry Kev, Blonde Moment :doh:

But at least I got a post out of you :wink:

Edit: B&Q sell media?! I’ve got one right near me :eek:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2041005]Oooops…sorry Kev, Blonde Moment :doh:

But at least I got a post out of you :wink:

Edit: B&Q sell media?! I’ve got one right near me :eek:[/QUOTE]

Don’t worry about it :slight_smile:

Unfortunately a lot of personal things have kept me away from this forum for a while :frowning:

Yeah - well, at least for a short while they did but they didnt shift all the stock, which is why its come back on sale :slight_smile:

so… anyone tested these MII sony’s ?