SONY16D1: Is There Any MIT Left?

Quick question:

Has anyone seen any MIT packs of Sony DVD-R media left in stores?

It seems that Daxon switched all of their -R production to Malaysia, and now the MIT SONY16D1 has become a rarity.

You also used to be able to find lesser-quality Lead Data MIT SONY16D1 under the “Great Quality” brand at Fry’s Electronics in the states, but those seem to be no more as well.

It seems that all the SONY16D1 is now MIM. Anyone spot any MIT of late?

And on a side note, I can’t believe the day has come when I’m actually asking help in finding rare MIT media. How far we have fallen. :sad:

in my area ( 07650 NJ )
lots of SONY16D1 MIT in my area ( Staples. Walmart . Target ) 50pack and 100 pack :slight_smile:

negritude you don’t like the MIM?

I find they burn better BUT full discs get a rise of PIE at the end so I only use them for 4gb burns

[quote=Burnsama;1989486]in my area ( 07650 NJ )
lots of SONY16D1 MIT in my area ( Staples. Walmart . Target ) 50pack and 100 pack :)[/quote]
Same here in NJ, plenty of Sony16D1, but I won’t be buying any, I have plenty of media as is, but if I ever need more I will buy online, it just easier that way.:iagree:

[QUOTE=alan1476;1989512]Same here in NJ, plenty of Sony16D1, but I won’t be buying any, I have plenty of media as is, but if I ever need more I will buy online, it just easier that way.:iagree:[/QUOTE]

Me too :iagree:
need some more T03 and TYG03 :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=MegaDETH;1989506]negritude you don’t like the MIM?

I find they burn better BUT full discs get a rise of PIE at the end so I only use them for 4gb burns[/QUOTE]

I suppose I haven’t really given them a chance. I’ve seen some negative reports in comparison to the MIT, so that didn’t help. I’ve used a lot of MIJ 16D1s, and a few MIT 16D1s, but I’ve been somewhat indifferent to the MIMs.

Walmart still has them.

In Australia, its hard to find MII, everything’s MIT, with the occasional MIJ still laying around… So I guess we’re lucky :smiley:

As long as this thread has been brought back I did spot MIT 50 packs at Walgreens, although all 25 packs were MIM.

[QUOTE=kahnmeister;2038530]In Australia, its hard to find MII, everything’s MIT, with the occasional MIJ still laying around… So I guess we’re lucky :D[/QUOTE]

is MIJ,made by TY ?

Yes usually is, Octagon spacer on top you will know it is for sure.

[QUOTE=achemen;2038627]is MIJ,made by TY ?[/QUOTE]

Also, since this has been brought back, all I can find now are MIT–even in the 10 pack jewel cases [which, for my area, used to be MIJ]. :sad:

[QUOTE=negritude;1989361]Quick question:

Has anyone seen any MIT packs of Sony DVD-R media left in stores?

It seems that Daxon switched all of their -R production to Malaysia, and now the MIT SONY16D1 has become a rarity.

You also used to be able to find lesser-quality Lead Data MIT SONY16D1 under the “Great Quality” brand at Fry’s Electronics in the states, but those seem to be no more as well.

It seems that all the SONY16D1 is now MIM. Anyone spot any MIT of late?

And on a side note, I can’t believe the day has come when I’m actually asking help in finding rare MIT media. How far we have fallen. :sad:[/QUOTE]

OMG:eek:
You really are looking for MIT Sony.
I thought it’s some kind of joke:bigsmile:
I never expect anyone asking for MIT, not MIJ:bow:
By the way, in my locals, it is filled with MIT, not only in Staples, but BB and CC also.
And there is no 25pk Sony anymore in my area for months now and they even removed shelf tag. All told they are not carrying Sony 25pk anymore. How sad:sad: