SONY vs LITEON vs SAMSUNG?

Hello,

I need your immidiate help. I am very confused, last week my ASUS DVDRW died, I have used it for only 1 year and now I want to buy new DVDRW and confused which brand to buy, I am in Pakistan, Lahore, and franckly here in pakistan, Lahore one can find hardly what is demanded internationaly.

I am giving info about the two brands wid their model name just these are available and I can only buy between one of these, or if any other brand you would like to suggest you are welcome, please give ur wise suggestion which to buy?

1. SONY DvDRW SATA 22X DL DRU-860S
    or
    SONY DvDRW 20X DL SATA DRU-V200S

2. SAMSUNG DVDRW 22X DL SATA SH-S223B
    or
    SAMSUNG DVDRW 22X DL SH-S222A

A freind of mine suggest me to buy SAMSUNG, but other suggest to buy Sony or Liteon, and even a another friend is really pushing me to buy HP DVDRW.

Please someone expert give me a suggestion.:rolleyes:

Thanks in anticipation.

Hi and Welcomequote=iahmad;2217168 please give ur wise suggestion which to buy?[/quote]
This one:
SONY DvDRW 20X DL SATA DRU-V200S

See also: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f86/sony-dru-v200s-optiarc-7200a-250418/

Michael

I agree with the Sony DRU-V200S recommendation as the Sony/NEC/Optiarc AD-7200S (of which the Sony is a clone of) is a solid all-around burner rivaling even more expensive drives. The Sony DRU-860S is basically a LiteOn iHAS422 - decent all-around drive but not exceptional - and the Samsung 22x are disappointing as compared to their 20x brethren.

The V200S/7200S is actually a mostly 18x drive even though it is marketed as 20x, but for the burns it makes the speed ratings won’t even matter. :wink:

I am very thankful for your quick reply, It means I should go for

Sony 20x SATA DRU-V200S, :iagree:

Thanks alot :wink: But I could’t understand what is Optirce? and what is 7200A?, sorry I have no knowlge about these things, I will appriciate if u could tell me about it in detail.

Hi,[quote=iahmad;2217732]I am very thankful for your quick reply, It means I should go for

Sony 20x SATA DRU-V200S, :iagree: [/quote]Yes!

But I could’t understand what is Optirce?
Optiarc was a joint venture of Sony and NEC, now 100% Sony. See http://www.sony-optiarc.com/

and what is 7200A?
These drives are sold under several brands (NEC and Sony). The NEC name of this drive series (available with different options and interfaces) was AD-7200. AD-7200A is P-ATA (IDE) interface, AD-7200S is the same drive with S-ATA interface.
Sony has different names for these drives, depending on package (retail vs. OEM) and market. But the hardware is always the same.

Michael

I want to ask something about products reliability. Let me explain , in Pakistan, our electronic products import is often from China, Specially, in Computer Hardware and Components. Its a fact that China is really growing economically, but most people in Pakistan suspect and devalue Chinese products, cause of there reliability, In some sort its a fact too,:iagree: What do u think?:confused: I prefer to buy brands assembled rather than China, like Indonesia, Singapore, Germany, Malaysia, etc.:rolleyes: I wrote this because the day before I went to buy DVDRW as you guys recommended (SONY DVDRW 20X DRU-V200S), and I was disappointed to see that it was Made by China,:frowning: I didn’t buy it because of that, I don’t know if I did it write or wrong, :confused:but I found another DVDRW of Sony 20x, Model DRU-860A IDE, and it was Made by Indonesia and also a little costly then SATA, I neither buy it too, only I want to know what to do, and which to buy, between these two models. Can u guys help me out here, Please.

Thanks.

The China made V200S is the better allrounder. Period.
All modern drives are made cheaply, independent from the location of the factory.

Michael
P.S.: There is no reason to post the same question twice. :cop: