Sony VRD-MC1 DVD BURNER

vbimport

Does anyone have any feedback on the quality of the DVD’s burned by the new Sony VRD-MC1? I want to burn a large number of VHS movies to DVD & to transfer analog & digital home movies to DVD. Sony states the quality of the DVD’s burned to be better than the original. I currently burn using a PC & Sonic software & am unhappy with the results.
Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Better than the original? How can 4.7 Gigabytes of data suddenly “improve” when writing it on a Sony dvd burner. Perhaps the readability is better.

I currently burn using a PC & Sonic software & am unhappy with the results. Any feedback would be appreciated.

The quality of any media file dependends on the source material. If the source material is crap, the dvd will be crap as well.

What can happen is that stupid codecs (decoding and encoding to another media standard, for instance DivX, Real Media or MPEG2) can cause serious quality loss. This is because the used codecs are reducing the quality to make the encoded files as small as possible. Most encoding tools automatically adapt the quality ratio to the desired file size.

Learn how to get a balance between quality and filesize.