Sony Vegas MP4 video plug in?

I’ve captured some video with NeroVision (in MP4 format) and I want to edit them in Sony Vegas. But Sony Vegas will not recognize them. What kind of plug in do I need to make Vegas be able to open it? Thanks.

Sony Vegas is a great avi or dv-avi editor. It is not really made to edit anything else (even if it can do it). You need to find one of the editors which is made to do this. Check at www.videohelp.com in the tools section, and search for mp4 editor.

Sony Vegas’s feature meets my needs completely, but thanks for the suggestions. What I ended up doing is uncompress all the video to avi format in TMPGEnc, then import them into Sony Vegas. Here’s the video. :smiley:

Thats good. Just remember each time you uncompress and recompress you are losing quality with each step. But as long as it looks good enough for you, that is all that matters.

I know, that’s why I was trying to find a MP4 plug in for Sony Vegas. But so far the video quality is acceptable to me. YouTube degraded it a lot, the finished product (before YouTube) was a lot better.

[QUOTE=harley2ride;1584190]Thats good. Just remember each time you uncompress and recompress you are losing quality with each step. But as long as it looks good enough for you, that is all that matters.[/QUOTE]

I know this is off topic - but… lol

decompressing into a raw format loses quality?

ftr, im downloading AVSVideoEditor.exe for same reason at op

but… saw your comment, and thought I’d give it a go

Best