Sony Vegas ? Linking markers to clips

vbimport

When working on my Sony Vegas projects I add a lot of markers to mark the clips that are in the projects. When I move the clips around in the timeline, the markers don’t move with them. I have to go back and move the markers seperately.

My question is this: Is there a way to “link” the markers to the clips, so when I drag the clips to a different location on the timeline the markers move with them?

Anyone?

Maybe its not possible to do so? I went on the Sony website and searched there tech help under Sony Vegas 6.0 and found nothing. Although I did find some other interesting tips!

Did you try turning on Ripple editing (Ctrl-L or the button on the tool bar) with the “All tracks, markers and regions” option set? Seems to work for me.

To try it, I just imported an .avi, put in chapter 1 and chapter 2 markers, split the .avi between the two markers, selected and dragged the .avi portion associated with the chapter 2 marker to the right on the time line – and the chapter 2 marker moved with it.

The real experts are in the Sony forum at http://www.sonymediasoftware.com/forums/default.asp

Ok. Thanks for the tip. I’ll play with that and see if I can get used to it.