Sony Vaio - Optiarc DVD RW AD-7585H FW question?

vbimport

Hello.

This is my first topic and i hope someone would help?
I have this laptop from Sony wich is about 7 months old.
I have burning problems wich is very annoying and tried to search on the www for solution how to fix it. Last 10 of my sony DVD-R media’s failed playing on my PS3 and a standalone Denon DVD-2910 in the last 5-10 min. of the end of the movie. FW is KS05 and is from 2006. Is it possible to flash my drive and where i can find another FW??? Thanks in advance.

Hi and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Being the problem in the last part of disc (i.e. in the most external ring), my guess is that you should burn these discs at a slightly slower speed. Usually, 16x certified discs give better results if burned at 12x or 8x (neither slower nor faster).

A firmware update indeed should help to improve burning quality. Did you try to search at Sony web site to see if an update is available?

btw, Sony branded media are not exactly the very best, so I also suggest to buy better discs like Verbatim :slight_smile:

Hej. Thanks. I usually burn at 8x. But dont know what is a burn limit of my media? But my drive can only burn with 8x and lower. Have searched for days also on Sony Vaio, but without any help on my drive. Have found some FW for my drive but it is for DELL laptop’s. Dont know if i can try to flash my drive with that? Are little scared to try.:wink:

Hi,[QUOTE=wartex39;2577497]
I have this laptop from Sony wich is about 7 months old.
I have burning problems wich is very annoying and tried to search on the www for solution how to fix it. Last 10 of my sony DVD-R media’s failed playing on my PS3 and a standalone Denon DVD-2910 in the last 5-10 min. of the end of the movie.[/quote]Media problem. As suggested, try other discs (DVD+R is often better) and /or lower the write speed.

FW is KS05 and is from 2006.
I doubt this.

Is it possible to flash my drive and where i can find another FW?
It is possible to flash your drive with newer firmware. Check the support website of your laptop’s manufacturer.

Michael