Sony unveils CRX320A combo drive, 52x CD-R, 16x DVD-ROM

vbimport

I just posted the article Sony unveils CRX320A combo drive, 52x CD-R, 16x DVD-ROM.

CDRLabs.com reports us that Sony has unveiled a new combo drive, the CRX320A. The drive supports up to 52x recording speeds, up to 32x re-writing speeds and up to 16x DVD-ROM read speeds…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/7689-Sony-unveils-CRX320A-combo-drive-52x-CD-R-16x-DVD-ROM.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/7689-Sony-unveils-CRX320A-combo-drive-52x-CD-R-16x-DVD-ROM.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Who cares? Why bother making a new CD burner with DVD-ROM only? I’ll never buy another optical drive again without DVD burning ability.

Well for one not everyone needs a DVD recorder and secondly a combo drive is cheaper than a DVD recorder. So for those people who need to save some space in their case (notice the cool rhyme here ;)) and who don’t need DVD burning abilities, a combo drive is a good solution.

“Well for one not everyone needs a DVD recorder and secondly a combo drive is cheaper than a DVD recorder. So for those people who need to save some space in their case (notice the cool rhyme here ) and who don’t need DVD burning abilities, a combo drive is a good solution.” $ 89.99 is cheaper than this weeks $69.99 8X DVD burner at Officemax? Is my math off somewhere. I completely agree with the first reply, no more optical drives for me unless it burns DVD or dual layer DVD.

That price was $ 69.99

That is cheap… Wow… You got me there!

It’s now at the ponit that DVD Writers (with CD writing as a bonus) are cheaper than any of the Combo units what merely add a 16X DVD player to a CD-RW. Only those that don’t keep up with pricing in the industry would ever consider a combo drive such as this Sony.:o

Wow!!! A CD writer AND a dvd-rom for $ 89.99!! Welcome to the year 2001, Sony! Just wait a few months when you can find these turkeys on Ebay for $ 29.99 how lame!:+