Sony to start network pass program with Resistance 3

vbimport

Sony to start network pass program with Resistance 3.

[newsimage]http://static.rankone.nl/images_posts/2011/07/UrvsiK.jpg[/newsimage]Rumors were flying everywhere yesterday that Sony would soon be debuting a network pass program alongside the launch of Resistance 3 this fall.  Today Sony confirmed the rumor was in fact true, bringing to fruition an idea Sony has been kicking around since August 2010.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/sony-to-start-network-pass-program-with-resistance-3-48021/](http://www.myce.com/news/sony-to-start-network-pass-program-with-resistance-3-48021/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

I won’t buy a game like this, unless it’s significantly cheaper than normal games … and clearly advises that it has no resale value.

I would hazard the assumption that it’s aimed at future pirates … even if somehow pirates manage to play a pirate game on the latest firmware using the PSN, they can’t play online without purchasing a key.

If someone buys the game used…Then the Original owner is
no longer playing it online,1game,1 person online using it
Sony will collect $$$ every time the game swaps hands…
They are making Xbox LIVE($50 a year) look better and better!
Especially if you swap games with friends alot…

[QUOTE=AIRBUD7;2595251]They are making Xbox LIVE($50 a year) look better and better![/quote] Unfortunately Mass Effect 2 for the Xbox 360 has a similar system :(.

EA did this with a few games on the 360. ME2 and DA:2. It’s pretty annoying. It prevents me from borrowing friends games when they’re done with them. I’m not sure how PS3 will run it, but EA lets you buy the online access for an expensive price. It’s pretty lame…

Very lame and very anti-consumer!

Like debro said, they better lower the price to justify us buying it or we just don’t buy it.
If enough of us collectively aren’t buying then they’ll feel it in there pockets and realize they need to go back.

[QUOTE=SciFer;2595309]If enough of us collectively aren’t buying then they’ll feel it in there pockets and realize they need to go back.[/QUOTE]

Sony’s business tactics won’t allow them to go back to the way things were. Heck, the clock is ticking on them. Another soon to be extinct brand.

[QUOTE=SithTracy;2595356]Sony’s business tactics won’t allow them to go back to the way things were. Heck, the clock is ticking on them. Another soon to be extinct brand.[/QUOTE]
Yep, Sony has got to be in a gigantic financial hole right now due to the slow adoption of bluray ($500 million bribe to movie studios to kill HD-DVD) and the slow sales of PlayStation and PlayStation Portable. And when’s the last time you saw a Sony TV? They used to be absolutely everywhere - especially in conference rooms and waiting rooms - now I can’t remember the last time I saw one that wasn’t in a store.

[QUOTE=BradWright;2595614]Yep, Sony has got to be in a gigantic financial hole right now due to the slow adoption of bluray ($500 million bribe to movie studios to kill HD-DVD) and the slow sales of PlayStation and PlayStation Portable. And when’s the last time you saw a Sony TV? They used to be absolutely everywhere - especially in conference rooms and waiting rooms - now I can’t remember the last time I saw one that wasn’t in a store.[/QUOTE]
I have two Sony TV’s … from about 4 years ago, back when their LCD TV’s were strides above the rest, and Plasma’s were energy suckers, rather than the sippers they are now.

That said, Sony must be in an extremely deep cess pool of excrement, the PS3 games & consoles sales have never really picked up, not least because the console has not dropped enough in price for mass adoption, their customer support is widely recognised to be, by leaps and strides, the worst on the planet, their treatment of a major security breach is widely recognised to be the worst mass security violation coverup in history, and their overall product quality has slipped so far that sonys financial department is standing on it (in the cesspool). I haven’t even gone into the moral conundrum regarding installing rootkits on consumers PC’s to stop them from ripping an occasional Music CD for their own “fair-use”.

But at least the average joe can’t copy their music/movies/games :wink:

Thanks Sony;P. I have been using blockbuster and I can’t play online because of this.