Sony to LiteOn - possible to keep Sony name?

Hi,

I have a Sony CRX1611E… and i flashed it to LiteOn LTR16101B (it supports now 12x writing, faster DAE ect.)
the firmware is TS0W the latest for this drive…

so does anybody know how to edit the flash file in order to rename it back to back to “SONY CD-RW CRX1611”

thank you… :slight_smile:
c ya

btw. i dont have a firmware bin or hex file …just the exe form LiteOn homepage ( this one )… possible anyway?

Woa, this is interesting. You didn’t back up your old firmware, did you? It’d be MUCH easier if you had the 1611’s firmware.

I dont have a backup of 1611 firmware… mtkflash dont work with the drive… it has a different chipset (sanyo?)
just pflash worked… but this tool can only flash as far as I know…

Oh yeah… Is there any reason that you want it to be named as a Sony?

for better looking… just for fun… as you already said… it´s very interesting :slight_smile: because i could use the nero version which came with the burner again…

select one for you :bigsmile:

ah ähm… i had a bin-file as i flashed the drive to liteon (using pflash… but i was an older version) i downloaded it from OC´Freaks collection… but since its down i cant find it anywhere…

i tried to edit the liteon exe but it tells me everytime that my firmware version is already the latest… (which is true… but its sux because of that i cannot flash the drive)

thx.

I don’t know about pflash but with mtkflash you can extract firmware in hex format,and i thinks pflash can do the same . And with some hex editor program you will easily edit to rename LiteON --> Sony or whatever you want :wink:

After edited,you just flash - back again :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Mgz
[B]I don’t know about pflash but with mtkflash you can extract firmware in hex format,and i thinks pflash can do the same . And with some hex editor program you will easily edit to rename LiteON --> Sony or whatever you want :wink:

After edited,you just flash - back again :slight_smile: [/B]

mtkflash doesnt work with this burner… everytime i tried nothing happened… i think its because it has a different chipset…

and pflash… i tried it out too… many times… but its also not able to back up the firmware…

edit: there was a dos firmware for the drive… “csts0t.exe”
it got it from OC´Freaks collection… but i dont have and cant find it anymore… :a if anybody has it plz let me know. :slight_smile:

Actually, I think it is possible. If you use a hex editor to open a bin file or the window flasher, you will see two instances of the drive name within the bin portion of the code. I believe if you change these flags, you can put whatever you want in there, as long as you maintain the LTR-xxxx xxxx format. i.e. LTR-48125W VS008. This flag is the second occurance of LTR within the bin file. I guess I could try and modify the name for shits and giggles to see if it works, but I really have no need to.

yep… but if start the flasher and the flash procedure the flasher tells me that the latest firmware is already on the drive…
do you know solution for this?
thx.

Yeah he does. Possibly. I myself have never looked at a windows flasher this old. I will look now.

I’m gonna send you a PM Porchsong. maybe we can help him out.

Originally posted by FiReKiLL

and pflash… i tried it out too… many times… but its also not able to back up the firmware…
… but i dont have and cant find it anymore… :a if anybody has it plz let me know. :slight_smile:

pflash

winhex

Originally posted by FiReKiLL

edit: there was a dos firmware for the drive… “csts0t.exe”
it got it from OC´Freaks collection… but i dont have and cant find it anymore… :a if anybody has it plz let me know. :slight_smile:

Alexnoe has it in his collection. I hope he doesn’t mind my link (not direct)
16101B
That program will attempt to flash whatever you point it to so be careful.