Sony to cut plants and 8,000 jobs

Rough news from Sony:

"Sony has announced plans to cut 8,000 electronics jobs - 5% of its global workforce - as well as shutting 10% of its manufacturing sites.

The company said the jobs would be cut by April 2010 but did not say in which countries the staff would go.

Sony said it had been trying to reduce production because of the downturn but warned it still had to do more."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7772597.stm

Notice how they cut the working employees but not the management and ceo and president jobs??? Funny how that works. And I bet this fiscal year they will claim a profit from all the cuts and give generous benefits to upper managements and CEO golden parachutes and options. Guess BD didn’t go off as plan.

Reminds me of that South Park Episode, “Me so solly, you have really big penis”.

[QUOTE=Zathros;2173108]Reminds me of that South Park Episode, “Me so solly, you have really big penis”.[/QUOTE]
That’s silly … everyone knows that was about pokemon :iagree:

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2172951]Notice how they cut the working employees but not the management and ceo and president jobs??? Funny how that works. And I bet this fiscal year they will claim a profit from all the cuts and give generous benefits to upper managements and CEO golden parachutes and options.[/QUOTE]
It’s common knowledge that the grass is greener on the upper slopes of management … from all the B$ that’s being spouted.

And all companies want growth … and the more management they have, the more fertilizer to fuel that growth.

Hurray!