Sony tells Gamespot: PS3 not yet in production

I just posted the article Sony tells Gamespot: PS3 not yet in production.

We have  to admit, even with all the negative press floating around concerning Sony, they can certainly take a licking,  yet keep on ticking! Now, we can even figure...
Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/12248-Sony-tells-Gamespot-PS3-not-yet-in-production.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/12248-Sony-tells-Gamespot-PS3-not-yet-in-production.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Amazed they haven’t started production yet - just one minor problem could prevent us getting the PS3 this year. Considering the survival of Sony is resting on this device it’s a big risk…

“If the disk player can decode these streams into uncompressed audio, then HDMI 1.3 is not necessary, as all versions of HDMI can transport uncompressed audio.” AFAIK, early versions of HDMI only had enough bandwidth to transport 2 channels of uncompressed audio. That’s no good for 5.1.

>>>> AFAIK, early versions of HDMI only had enough bandwidth to transport 2 channels of uncompressed audio. That’s no good for 5.1.

Tee hee… Apple just announced a recall of 1.8 million laptop batteries. Guess who made the batteries? Sony’s having a rough year, and I don’t mind at all.:stuck_out_tongue:

I predict they will not make the current release date. We shall see…

I’ve been saying for the past year that they wouldn’t be able to make launch in 2006…my forecast is unfolding before our very eyes.
[edited by vinnie97 on 25.08.2006 02:18]

Even if they do decide to launch this year, they are already planning on shortages. I thought the SEC or some other entity investigated them when they rolled out the PS2 and could not meet demand. Are they that stupid to ask for another investigation? And even admitting in public that they are going to launch in time for hte holiday season knowing that there will be shortages? Whew! Talk about real stupidity.:B

Sony is creating a shortage intentionally. If lots of units were available at launch, with the $600 price, units would sit on the shelf. Press would be bad. With a shortage, available units will sell - press will be reporting high Ebay prices, ect. Expect the price to drop to $400 within the first year.