Sony Taiyo Yuden at BestBuy

Are there still Sony branded TY at bestbuy? i remember last time i was there (one year) i had to look for MIJ and the spacers had to be white (round or octagon). any other clues on how to find Sony’s that are TY?

Pretty much all of the Sony TY has disappeared; if you do find any it’s old stock.

Its pretty much hit and miss, the Staples by me still has the 25 spindles in MIJ Sony.

[QUOTE=hiwass;1927482]Are there still Sony branded TY at bestbuy?[/QUOTE]

No. They are gone from Best Buy. Completely gone. Don’t waste your time looking there.

Also, the Sony TY in the 50-pack is gone from almost all stores, and you’ll now only find an occasional spindle or two left at a place like Sears or K-Mart, if you’re lucky.

The best chance of finding Sony TY now is in the 25-pack at places like Staples. Staples has a boatload of them in the 8x +R MIJ 25-pack. It’s all TY, and many of the stores have a ridiculous number of spindles.

Wait until K-Mart or Circuit City has another one of their sales on Sony 25-pack DVD media, and then use that to get a price match at Staples. The regular price at Staples is about $12 (and they never go directly on sale there), but normally with a price match from K-Mart or Circuit City, you can get them for only $7.

Staples around here in my area of Texas sold out pretty quickly and haven’t had them for probably close to a year. The Sonys I’ve seen in there are all MIT, so no TY. :frowning:

WoW, where have you been all this time??
CDFREAKERS have cleaned up every bit of TY media at retail level long ago

We haven’t had MIJ media at Future Shop or Best Buy in Canada for at least a 1 1/2 yrs if not longer
Was great when you could pick Ty Fuji dvd 's never did get Sony " ty’s "

[QUOTE=Quema34;1933547]Staples around here in my area of Texas sold out pretty quickly and haven’t had them for probably close to a year. The Sonys I’ve seen in there are all MIT, so no TY. :([/QUOTE]

I have found some in the DFW area just curious where you haved searched
in Texas.

[QUOTE=s0ccerb0y;1934875]I have found some in the DFW area just curious where you haved searched
in Texas.[/QUOTE]

Where in DFW if you don’t mind me asking?

Southlake, Irving and Lewisville. I have not check any Fort Worth yet.

I live in the mid cities area but Irving would be my closest bet to check out. Thanks for the info.