Sony sued over broken PS3 consoles

I just posted the article Sony sued over broken PS3 consoles.

Sony is facing allegations that a recent Playstation 3 firmware update caused some consoles to break down entirely, with costly repairs as the only solution.

Read the full article here: [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/20803-sony-sued-over-broken-ps3-consoles.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/20803-sony-sued-over-broken-ps3-consoles.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

I suppose thats the problem with constant hardware revisions. You’re going to have to bugcheck the firmware releases on all the hardware revisions (which they probably don’t do).

“Sony intentionally meddled with people’s systems, causing them to no longer function”

yeah! ps3 is the best console out there! Every ps3 they make, they lose money and now there wrecking the ps3 (which is meant to be the greatest, advanced console these days? HAHAH)

“Sony told Eurogamer that the firmware wasn’t to blame”

uhhh i wonder whos fault it is?

lol sony justs keeps getting stupider.

soon they will be giving us ps3’s that dont turn on < HAHAHAHA im serious

@ ellz212

Where in the articule does it say that sony is refusing fault? they just said that it wasnt the firmware, and I’ve two ps3’s, 1 launch 60gig and a 40gig and neither has went wrong, and my lot if my mates in my area havent had a problem yet!

thing is, was the console tampered with? nothing seems to be said about that, could be possible!

I have to say that your views are pretty one sided TBH!!

I’m pretty surprised that MS hasnt been sued yet, but then they do repair for nothing, even though the cnsole should never have left the factory in the first place till they ironed out the bugs!

[QUOTE=steveo119;2447602]@ ellz212

Where in the articule does it say that sony is refusing fault? they just said that it wasnt the firmware, and I’ve two ps3’s, 1 launch 60gig and a 40gig and neither has went wrong, and my lot if my mates in my area havent had a problem yet!

thing is, was the console tampered with? nothing seems to be said about that, could be possible!

I have to say that your views are pretty one sided TBH!!

I’m pretty surprised that MS hasnt been sued yet, but then they do repair for nothing, even though the cnsole should never have left the factory in the first place till they ironed out the bugs![/QUOTE]

They finally fixed it with the new Jasper xbox (about time), It took them long but at least they don’t charge you for repair. I got rrod once after 2 and a half years and bought a Jasper arcade without even knowing there was such thing (lucky lol). The one advantage of xbox is the drive flashing to play backups.

and thats a good thing? its that sort of thing that puts good indy devs out of business!

I agree with the comment about the charging and bringing out the jasper 360, but should never have happened in the first place! saying that, if namco doesnt hurry up and put out an ace combat game for the ps3, then I may have to go buy a 360 to play it, coz HAWX didnt cut it for me!

Free Xbox repair-- hahahaha yeah they extended the warranty the last time just after they returned my sons refusing ot repairt it – as an out of warranty one – this after tellingthem my sons opened it up to peek inside because the first warranty extension expired- SONY busdiness practices SUCK – by Microsoft’s are teh cause of the vacuum in hte universe. Billy did not get that rich by being fair- And he sure is liberal with charity from monies he overcharged his countrymen. In short he can afford to give money away (not that his intentions are nto good) that he acquired so easily add to that his if we can’t beat themwe’ll buy thm practices.

just looked up price for new (playstation)ps3 120mb for 299.99 usd, at amazon.com; and manufacturer asked for 150. usd for repair charge, yikes.
i not game console user, though being the manufacturer responded w/ firmware update 3.01 to fix issues caused from first firmware update 3.0, obvious the firmware was the cause. appears the big argument is w/ legal definitions and inter relationships between firmware and hardware, which sucks.
the consequences to the firmware, or hardware, obvious caused from manufacturers’ s firmware update(s), and represents lesser quality of their pre tests before release (are u being slopy tosave costs). hmm

[QUOTE=steveo119;2447602]@ ellz212
I’m pretty surprised that MS hasnt been sued yet, but then they do repair for nothing, even though the cnsole should never have left the factory in the first place till they ironed out the bugs![/QUOTE]

They’ve been sued many times, it’s what led to the initial extension of the factory warranty to cover RROD repairs.

Out of the box the PS3 is great… once Sony starts fucing with it, forcing updates to play games, alter the bluray firmware or go online they manage it into a a piece of Sht.

If I had a camera right now I could send you a pic of a repair shelf at one of our stores loaded with PS3’s for these problems… anyone know how to get hold of this guy with the lawsuit? I could start sending him lots of others to join up in the suit…

what the fuc% is just in time for xolidays

It’s real easy NEVER BUY A SONY PRODUCT AGAIN … I wont!!!I bought a Samsung Blu-ray player … I do my gaming on the Wii.What the hell do I need with anything Sony … If they wont service there customers we dont need them… HEAR THAT SONY … YOU WONT GET ANY OF MY MONEY ANY MORE … I WAS DIE HARD SONY CUSTOMER I HAD TV’S CD PLAYERS VCR’S EVERYTHING I HAD THAT WAS ELECTRONIC WAS SONY NOT ANYMORE!!! EVERYTHING SONY I HAD WENT INTO THE TRASH!!! BURN IN HELL SONY!!!

[QUOTE=CDT2;2487885] BURN IN HELL SONY!!![/QUOTE]
Of course, you realise that all post submissions are monitored for IP, right?

Whats your point?

I think Sony is gonna get you dude . . . gonna get you good.

CDT2 turn the caps off and keep it friendly. I don’t mind the odd rant but that’s more of a flaming and a bit over the top.

[QUOTE=Jedi Master Yoda;2488426]CDT2 turn the caps off and keep it friendly. I don’t mind the odd rant but that’s more of a flaming and a bit over the top.[/QUOTE]
:iagree:
“Moons of Saturn from Earth” over the top.