Sony sucks!

vbimport

I BOUGHT A SONY OPTIARC 24X DUAL LAYEYER DVD READER WRITER. IT WORKKS FINE WHEN I USE 8X TAIYO YUDEN OR SONY BLANK MEDIA BUT WILL NOT WORK WITH 16X BLANKS, DUAL LAYER BLANKS, OR CD BLANKS. IT IS ONLY 2 MONTHS OLD AND I HAVE CONTACTED SONY REPEATEDLY BUT THEY DO NOT RESPOND. WHAT DO I DO TO GET A REPLACEMENT UNIT THAT WORKS AS IT SHOULD?

Contact the vendor.
Please don’t shout.

[QUOTE=EATSWEETLY;2504794]I BOUGHT A SONY OPTIARC 24X DUAL LAYEYER DVD READER WRITER. IT WORKKS FINE WHEN I USE 8X TAIYO YUDEN OR SONY BLANK MEDIA BUT WILL NOT WORK WITH 16X BLANKS, DUAL LAYER BLANKS, OR CD BLANKS. IT IS ONLY 2 MONTHS OLD AND I HAVE CONTACTED SONY REPEATEDLY BUT THEY DO NOT RESPOND. WHAT DO I DO TO GET A REPLACEMENT UNIT THAT WORKS AS IT SHOULD?[/QUOTE]
kg_evilboy is correct, contact the vendor you bought them from. We cannot help you with returns here, and posting in all capitals is considered " shouting" on forums. Thank you for your understanding.:wink:

try searching in the CD & DVD WRITERS section for known problems & solutions for your dilemia :cool:

My heart goes out to you. From this man’s perspective, Sony truly does suck. They have some of the worst customer relations policies on the planet. Some of the better electronics companies will send a postage paid box with packing… WITH a new unit in the box… So, all you have to do is keep the new one and send back the old.

As for Sony, stay on them. We had a Sony camera two years ago that wouldn’t live up to the claims. They refused to do anything but send back a refurbished camera which continued to have the same problems. We returned it again. In my opinion, they’re riding on their name.

PSP? UMDs are poorly designed. They crack and/or stop playing
PS3? Has the green light of death (twice now)
Camera using “AA” batteries? Horrible battery life.
Cybershot camera? Absolutely the worst indoor pictures ever
Sony portable DVD? Built in battery won’t hold a charge for even a minute

I now buy Canon cameras and Apple music products when possible.