Sony RME Blu Ray disks. What are they like?

vbimport

Does anyone have any experience with these Sony Blu Ray disks?

10BNR25SP SONY RME Blu Ray 10Pk 25GB

There is almost no mention of Sony Media on this forum. Is it a taboo word? The last mention of Sony Blu Ray I could find was almost 4 years old.

Hi,

are they 4x or 6 xBD-R discs?

They are 6x. The price is a little lower than some other makes but not as low as the bargain brands. Approaching 2x the price of the cheapest disks at about £15 here. The Panasonic disks are about £20 and the cheapo disks are about £8. Therefore not a bad price for 6x disks which made me wonder about the quality and whether anyone had any experiences with them.

I might get 10 when I order my Scanning drive.

The SONY BD-R25 6x, printable as well as non printable, Made in Japan as well as Made in Taiwan are burning fine with [B]8x[/B] on my LiteOn and Pioneer BR burners.
The burning quality ist stable to the outer rim, I higly recommend them!

[QUOTE=katraine;2632144]The SONY BD-R25 6x, printable as well as non printable, Made in Japan as well as Made in Taiwan are burning fine with [B]8x[/B] on my LiteOn and Pioneer BR burners.
The burning quality ist stable to the outer rim, I higly recommend them![/QUOTE]
Thanks for the confirmation. I can’t understand why there has been no mention of them on this forum before now.

The code 10BNR25SP is the manufacturers SKU and can help find this media. It’s available for £14/£15 for 10 disks delivered. I have ordered a pack to try them out and will do some quality testing when I receive my Liteon iHBS112-115 in the next week.

[QUOTE=RedDwarf;2632221]Thanks for the confirmation. I can’t understand why there has been no mention of them on this forum before now.
[/QUOTE]Discussion of CD & DVD media ends up in the Blank Optical Media area consistently; Blu-ray media (confusingly) ends up discussed either here or in the Blu-ray Hardware/software/media section of the forums. In that area, there are mentions & scans of the Sony media, but they are scattered about.