Sony removes Youtube app from 50 BRAVIA smart TV models

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Sony removes Youtube app from 50 BRAVIA smart TV models[newsimage]http://www.myce.com/wp-content/images_posts/2016/09/bravia-App-icon-change_01-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]

Owners of Sony Bravia smart TVs from 2012 will no longer be able to view Youtube content on the TVs after the 30th of September this year. Sony reports that due to changes in the requirements for Youtube apps made by Google the TV will start to show freezing or black screens. Also video playback will be halted.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/sony-removes-youtube-app-50-bravia-smart-tv-models-80354/](http://www.myce.com/news/sony-removes-youtube-app-50-bravia-smart-tv-models-80354/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

No great loss. Unless your TV has a Keyboard attached, finding anything on Youtube is nigh on impossible.
This feature was dissabled by Sony on my circa 2010 TV 2 years ago and I haven’t missed it.
If there is something that I do want to watch, simply rip it from Youtube, put it on a flashdrive and stick it in the TV.
No pauses, no buffering.

LOL :bigsmile: There are ways around most any limitation. You need a keyboard, but even then finding a song like ‘Fat Country Girl’ may prove difficult

I can’t help but thinking effective programming could solve it and that this is a move to make people trash their current TV though which is not too environmental-friendly :flower:

keyboard was always nice

[QUOTE=olddancer;2780248]No great loss. Unless your TV has a Keyboard attached, finding anything on Youtube is nigh on impossible.[/QUOTE] My Sony BRAVIA KDL-32W705B bedroom TV has a YouTube app, and it’s a frustrating task to find videos using the app directly. Fortunately, it also cooperates with the YouTube app for Android, so I can queue up anything I want using my phone and play it on the TV.

My TV from 2014 is not on Sony’s hit list, but even if it were I could still use my Chromecast for playing YouTube videos.

I use the YouTube app on the Kodi program. It pairs with your Google Account, so all your subscriptions and favorites are right there at your fingertipes.

It also works perfectly since Kodi has a very good virtual keyboard for remote controls.

So, i don’t mind whatever kind of tv i have. I’ll use Kodi for the media.

Personally, I too would rip the video before playing it. Since the TV could probably be connected to a computer or phone, you probably don’t need any particular app to play a particular video.

If you purchased your TV as a “Smart TV” then I believe you are entitled to change the TV for one that meets your original requirements, PROVIDED this was a fundamental feature of the purchase. The retailer from whom you bought the Smart TV is not at fault, so I recommend that you contact the manufacturer first.

I recently negotiated a Brand New Replacement TV direct with the manufacturer for this reason.

They start by offering a BlueRay Player to hang off the TV but disgruntled buyers should persist that they return the tv functionality to its state when purchased.

Their first line of defense is to tie you up in off-shore call centers but persist by asking for the call to be “escalated” until you get to a decision-maker.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2780284]My Sony BRAVIA KDL-32W705B bedroom TV has a YouTube app, and it’s a frustrating task to find videos using the app directly. Fortunately, it also cooperates with the YouTube app for Android, so I can queue up anything I want using my phone and play it on the TV.

My TV from 2014 is not on Sony’s hit list, but even if it were I could still use my Chromecast for playing YouTube videos.[/QUOTE]

If you purchased your TV as a “Smart TV” then I believe you are entitled to change the TV for one that meets your original requirements, PROVIDED this was a fundamental feature of the purchase. The retailer from whom you bought the Smart TV is not at fault, so I recommend that you contact the manufacturer first.

I recently negotiated a Brand New Replacement TV direct with the manufacturer for this reason.

They start by offering a BlueRay Player to hang off the TV but disgruntled buyers should persist that they return the tv functionality to its state when purchased.

Their first line of defense is to tie you up in off-shore call centers but persist by asking for the call to be “escalated” until you get to a decision-maker.

Lucky I have a Samsung (F7100) - Youtube working perfectly for me including search. No such hardware limitation…