Sony PCGA-DDRW1: Burning failed

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Sony PCGA-DDRW1. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I am trying to burn an iso image of opensuse 11 on a dual layer DVD but uptill now I have failed. I have used Nero, Alcohol 120% and several others and this has wasted my several of my DL DVDs. Now I have tried PowerIso 4.2 version and the result it gives is “Burning failed (-109, 987a9b5c).”. I have a Sony DVD writer and it supports DL + - burning but I am unable to do that. Please let me know how to do this. Thanks and hope I will get some solution. :doh:

IF you chose the right burner model when creating this thread, your drive does not even support DVD+R, let along either of the DL formats.

Having not much technical knowledge I did not know what options to choose so that I may post my message so I randomly chose all the three options. I have a new DVD writer and it has the capability to burn DL DVDs. Sorry for confusion.

No worries. :slight_smile:

What burner do you have [which model], and what brand of DL media are you using?

[quote=Albert;2108927]No worries. :slight_smile:

What burner do you have [which model], and what brand of DL media are you using?[/quote]

Thanks for the cooperation. I have Sony DRU-840A burner and Banana brand DL DVD.

Try Verbatim-branded media. That’s the first thing I recommend. :slight_smile:

Actually the brand you informed is not available here so I am out of options since only Banana is available here. Now logically I am thinking of doing something to split the iso into two so that I could burn them on normal DVDs and take a sigh of relief. But I understand that before taking that sigh of relief I would have to spend a lot of time and effort in order to be successful in that. However, if someone could give guide me in easy language it may lessen the burden. If you could inform me in simple language step by step how to do that may be I could be successful in that and that would help me in future too. So I request you to please guide me if possible for you. Best regards :rolleyes: