Sony or Verbatim? Vote Now!

vbimport

I am creating a poll to get an idea of which brand provides the best quality blank DVD and CD media.

I am giving two very popular options, Sony or Verbatim. Start voting now, and if you have any other suggestions please post them below.

Verbatim!

Alternatively, Taiyo Yuden (especially for CD-R).

Verbatim for DVD R, and like Drage I’d go for Taiyo Yuden for CDR. :wink:

Verbatim 16x +R for everyday use. My old stock of Taiyo Yuden 8x +R disks for anything really important.

I only use TY for cds.

And Verbatim is my choice for double layer dvds and BD-R disks, though I hear very good things about the Sony BD-R…they are just prohibitively expensive.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2496355]Verbatim 16x +R for everyday use. My old stock of Taiyo Yuden 8x +R disks for anything really important.

I only use TY for cds.

And Verbatim is my choice for double layer dvds and BD-R disks, though I hear very good things about the Sony BD-R…they are just prohibitively expensive.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

Sony used to have some pretty good media if you could find some of the made in Japan stuff but I haven’t seen any of that for quite a while. I think they mostly use second tier makers now so I usually don’t even check their cake boxes.
Verbatim still seems to make pretty good media no matter who makes it for them.
TY was the best you could get but I haven’t seen any available locally, you can still find it online.