Sony or liteon

i have a sony 5260s writer and i think to buy something between sony 7280s and liteon ihas124. what your opinion? and how i understand when a dvd writer must replace with new?

Welcome to the forums. :slight_smile:

Just a note: please only ask a question once. Asking a question multiple times causes confusion. :wink:

If you have an Optiarc AD-5260S (essentially a AD-7260S), you probably don’t need a 7280S. The iHAS124 might be a good additional drive. But The AD-5260S is good on its own.

And you replace a drive when it starts failing & you cannot fix it. As long as it works, keep using it.

[QUOTE=Albert;2666984]Welcome to the forums. :slight_smile:

Just a note: please only ask a question once. Asking a question multiple times causes confusion. :wink:

If you have an Optiarc AD-5260S (essentially a AD-7260S), you probably don’t need a 7280S. The iHAS124 might be a good additional drive. But The AD-5260S is good on its own.

And you replace a drive when it starts failing & you cannot fix it. As long as it works, keep using it.[/QUOTE]

thank you. i ask about replace a drive because my ad-5260s last months increase to much the PIE and PIF in the same blank media.
sorry for my bad english

Did the PIE/PIF increase happen after buying more of the same media? Please post a sample scan.

yes more the same in different times

What write speed did you use? 8x? 12x? 16x? 20x?

the write speed is x4, the same happens with sony dvd-r id MBI. Maybe manufactors reduce the quality. because older verbatims were made in taiwan and newers are made in india or china

As a test: Increase the write speed to 8x, 12x, or 16x.

Verbatim and Sony media have been made in India for a while now. They should still be usable without problems. [China is maybe not as good; too new].

Stay away from Verbaims labeled “Life Series” Media (no matter what brand) even out of the same package will scan better on some and worst on others.I use 8X for all of my media except for some of my very old 4X media and keep a NEC 3500 (I think) in a USB enclosure for those media. Try to find Verbatims with the AZO on the label.

Good luck with your burning and welcome to the forum.