Sony Optiarc BD-5300S, Sony BWU-500S

vbimport

Optiarc-Sony BD-5300S\Sony BWU-500S (structure LiteOn
PLD-DH-12B2LH -chipset MediaTek MT1939 + OPU Sanyo SF-BW512L)

Fortis CD-R 97m26s66f Made in Tajwan CMC
Sony\Optiarc BD-5300S fw. 2.03
Nero 2015 x16

Platinum DVD-R MID:RITEKF1 Made in Tajwan
Sony\Optiarc BWU-500S fw.2.63
NERO 2015 x8

Verbatim BD-R 25GB MID: CMCMAGBA5 CMC Made in Tajwan
Sony\Optiarc BWU-500S fw.2.63
NERO 2015 x4

Someone changed the correct title of the topic “Optiarc-Sony BD-5300S \ Sony BWU-500S” about not abnormal "Optiarc BD-5300S, Sony BWU-500S"
Informs that as of 11.09.2008, all shares of NEC (45%) were bought by Sony, and from that day drive Optiarc BD-5300S was offered as Sony BD-5300S or-Sony Optiarc BD-5300S. Obviously bootcode was unchanged which does not change the fact that he was offered since then as a drive Sony …
So much for my part explain why the title of the topic at the moment is not correct …

[QUOTE=czary2mary1;2756468]Someone changed the correct title of the topic “Optiarc-Sony BD-5300S \ Sony BWU-500S” about not abnormal "Optiarc BD-5300S, Sony BWU-500S"
Informs that as of 11.09.2008, all shares of NEC (45%) were bought by Sony, and from that day drive Optiarc BD-5300S was offered as Sony BD-5300S or-Sony Optiarc BD-5300S. Obviously bootcode was unchanged which does not change the fact that he was offered since then as a drive Sony …
So much for my part explain why the title of the topic at the moment is not correct …

[/QUOTE]

I changed the title to match the titles of other Optiarc drive threads.

For a short time, we wrote out the full “Sony NEC Optiarc”. We then shortened that to just say “Optiarc”. When it became “Sony Optiarc” in 2008, we stuck with “Optiarc” because it’s simple & is easily understood. So for drives like the AD-7240/7260/7280, we called them “Optiarc AD-72…”. I wanted to keep that consistent. “Optiarc” is the main part of the brand, and we tend to go with the shortest version of the brand name.

Also, I wanted to distinguish between the Optiarc-branded drive (which identifies as an Optiarc in firmware) and the Sony-branded drive (which identifies as Sony in firmware), because we use that distinction elsewhere on the forum. Many times, people just refer to it as “Optiarc BD-5300S”.

Also, shorter titles show up in the forum index (the main forum page) better.

We also use:

[ul]
[li]LiteOn instead of Philips-LiteOn DS (LiteOn is the primary brand name)
[/li][li]BenQ instead of Philips-BenQ DS (later, Philips-LiteOn) (BenQ is the primary brand name)
[/li][li]LG instead of HL-DT-ST/Hitachi-LG Data Storage (LG is the primary brand name)
[/li][li]Samsung instead of TSSTcorp/Toshiba-Samsung (Samsung is the primary brand name)
[/li][/ul]

We also still refer to new Panasonic drives as Matshita, based on how most people know them: how they identify in firmware. That’s all.

But you’re not wrong. Some discussions are Sony-Optiarc, and it makes sense. I’ll change it back. No worries :wink:

Edit: changed name to match company identifier.

@ Albert
It is certainly a problem with the names -many version occurs in two and sometimes three types of label factory.
In technical terms it makes no difference - for example, drives Sony Optiarc-BD-5300S \ Sony BWU-500S are identical
technically and in terms of the software have the same firmware \ updates \ patch and the only difference is bootcode …
From the practical side it is good to use the name-Sony Optiarc BD-5300S due under that name that was sold \ on the
They were the type of sales documents \ warranty … Many of average users \ Consumer treats \ recognizes as Sony …
With us he is also still selling under the name Sony BD-5300S:
http://allegro.pl/sony-bd-5300s-nagrywarka-blu-ray-wewn-serial-ata-i5501709708.html

For example, how difficult it is to determine correctly the name I give Optriarc AD-5280S -CB-ROBOT \ PLUS
The label is a PLDS manufacturer, model name Optriarc AD-5280S -CB-ROBOT \ PLUS and distributor of \ the copyright VIN Power Digital …

Hi guys!

I bought 2 Optiarc BD-5300S BD-R drive to make my burns and backups, to work with my others (Lite’s, Asus (Lite’s) and LG).

This drive may be manufactured by Lite-on from “remain” old stock from Optiarc (like AD-5280S)? Manufacture date is May 2015 (Optiarc officially came out of business in 2013) but firmware version have a Lite-on/OEM “appearance”: “700J”… i can’t update using the official flasher provided by Optiarc (1.06).

It appears to be a Lite’s iHBS112 clone, but with different top cover.

Someone have heard about this firmware? The burner performs awesome… maybe it’s a “last” version of this burner? I searched here and all internet and not found any information about this version (700J).

:eek:

[B]@vdsacchi[/B]
You can ask for a foto drive \ labels \ screen properties drive \ copies of the EEPROM and firmware …:flower:

[B]@vdsacchi[/B]
You can ask for a foto drive \ labels \ screen properties drive \ copies of the EEPROM and firmware …:flower:[/QUOTE]

Yes, if you could take pictures of the drive like the pictures in the first post (and take the screenshot of the drive information as shown by OptiDriveControl), it would be lovely.

The firmware and EEPROM can be retrieved using the Flash Utility (for firmware) and EEPROM Utility (for the EEPROM).

Of course Czary2mary1 and Albert! It’s a pleasure talk with people around the world about this theme… i love it! And here i learn a lot of tips, tricks and information… i have “upgraded” my burns reading here!

:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

Here is!

Only “strange” thing is date: 2010-12-07… btw, this is the firmware date… this drive appears to be a “remix” of Optiarcs and Lite’s hardware/software…

Can it be a Frankstein? An “OptiLite” or “Litearc” drive? A refurbished/relabeled/OEM/internal test drive? I don’t know… :stuck_out_tongue:

The drive performs very, very well… fast media recognizing, fast Lead in, fast burn… i’m satisfied. :wink:

I bought 2, but i still waiting the arrive of second piece.

I’ll provide EEPROM and FW dumps… and post the link on this thread asap. Today or tomorrow I hope.

[B]@vdsacchi

[/B]Thank you very much for photographs.

The housing as another prior art models …
In you is the Optiarc AD-524x \ 724x \ 526x \ 726x \ 528x \ 728x,* LiteOn iHAS A\B\C
Data indicates the firmware on an OEM software HP BD B DH8B2SH \ DELL DH-8B2SH \ LiteOn DH-12B2SH etc etc …

You can check the reading? My models with factory firmware Sony and Opriarc have read BluRay x6.
You can check the writing strategy for Media BD-R 25GB x 4? With me are all such modiów only x4.
You can check the writing strategy for BD-R DL 50GB x6?

Hi Czary2mary1, how are you?

These prints are enough? I did correctly?

Now, i try to extract firmware and EEPROM to send it to you/Albert.

It looks that the firmware is like … although I do not have at the moment RITEKBR3 to check at home …
You do not have any handy media BD-R 25GB x4?
See what else you maximum reading BluRay in its version … if x 6 or x8?

[B][Off Top[/B][B]][/B]
[B]@vdsacchi[/B] I also nice to meet you …
Thanks to you, and a photograph that he sent me @ Blackened2687 first saw hardware Samsung SH-S182F which is unparalleled in any other drive TSST …

We helped [B]Toshiba / Samsung Optical Drives table by Blackened2687[/B]

Hello Czary2mary1!

This answer your question or I need to extract more info?

The file with EEPROM and FW dump are here.

Is my drive a rebadged DH8B2SH? A not launched BD-5300S? A Dell/HP OEM? A rebadged iHBS112? A mix of all of them? Only experts will say…

Waiting next chapters…

Best regards from Brazil!

Bootcode Factory Sony \ Optiarc so I do not think that’s a OEM …
It seems to me that the software is also based on firmware Sony \ Optiarc or modernized OEM but with increased speed reading BluRay to x8 like the LiteOn iHBS \ Plextor PX-B \ LB950 \ … etc and etc …
For sure the firmware is not based on firmware LiteOn iHBS \ Plextor PX-B950 \ LB950SA

But I am very astonished production date …
But in any case, you have a cool new hardware that none of us has :wink: !!!

Hi Czary2mary1!

Nice! So I can say that I have an Optiarc BD RW BD-5300S made “exclusively” for me!!! Not one, but two!!! The second piece arrives today…

They will join the 5 iHBS112, 1 BW-12B2ST (iHBS112 clone) and 1 WH14NS40 that make up the Blu-ray recording team. Soon, perhaps a WH16NS40 / WH16NS50 will join the team, but still nothing right.

Vinicius

[QUOTE=vdsacchi;2777340]Hi Czary2mary1!

Nice! So I can say that I have an Optiarc BD RW BD-5300S made “exclusively” for me!!! Not one, but two!!! The second piece arrives today…

They will join the 5 iHBS112, 1 BW-12B2ST (iHBS112 clone) and 1 WH14NS40 that make up the Blu-ray recording team. Soon, perhaps a WH16NS40 / WH16NS50 will join the team, but still nothing right.

Vinicius[/QUOTE]

Just a few Pioneer BDR and the set will be complete …:wink:

My second piece has arrived and i noticed 2 strange things:

1. Boot code onto SmartBurn 3.5 are different between drives
  2. Second drive appears to support Lightscribe (at least by hardware - the drive have the encoder inside the unit - i noticed that because in Lite-on drives the encoder stay lit all time). I install the LS software and test it.

I extract FW and EEPROM to send to you and Albert, but the version is the same (700J).

[B]@vdsacchi

[/B]I’m even more surprised if the second drive is a hardware version of Lightscribe …:eek:
PLDS -the last such hardware produced at the beginning of 2012 and formally withdrew the offer and model production …
Also has the second model production date in 2015?