Sony Optiarc AD-7240S-OB firmware

vbimport

Where can I find bitsetting firmware for my new Sony Optiarc AD-7240S OB DVD writer which came with firmware 1.01? I tried Liggy’s firmware, but binflash refused it. I read that the answer to this question is in this forum somewhere, and there was a hint that the FAQs may be helpful, but I found no help.

Please help if you can,

Thanks in advance,

pilgrim7993

What error message did you get when trying to flash the firmware?

The FAQs haven’t been updated for quite a while so you best provide as much detail as you have and we try to fix everything :wink:

[QUOTE=Liggy;2654050]What error message did you get when trying to flash the firmware?

The FAQs haven’t been updated for quite a while so you best provide as much detail as you have and we try to fix everything ;)[/QUOTE]
Liggy,
Thanks for answering. NecBinflash 1.62 identifies my new DVD writer as an Optiarc DVD RW AD7280S 1.01. Nec InfoTool agrees. My packing slip and the label on the DVD writer both say Sony Optiarc AD7240S-OB, and I didn’t notice the AD7280S business at first. I downloaded your 101.zip file of firmwares for the AD7240S, and when I tried to flash this DVD writer with your 101bt_rpc1.bin I got messages saying (this is no surprise, now): Firmware is for a different drive, Identified drive: 188 -3131, and Detected drive from firmware: 77 - 3038. What should I do now?

If Binflash and InfoTool agree that your drive is an AD-7280S, then it should be clear that they gave you an AD-7280S and not AD-7240S. That’s why you need AD-7280S firmware for your drive.

[QUOTE=Liggy;2654197]If Binflash and InfoTool agree that your drive is an AD-7280S, then it should be clear that they gave you an AD-7280S and not AD-7240S. That’s why you need AD-7280S firmware for your drive.[/QUOTE]
Liggy,
I flashed my so-called AD-7240S with your AD-7280S firmware, and it worked like a charm. Many thanks for making the firmware available and more thanks for the help and advice.
pilgrim