Sony optiarc AD-7200A bitsetting

vbimport

[qanda]This question is published in the hardware section for the Optiarc AD-7200S. Click here to view full specs.[/qanda]how do i make this drive perform bitsetting

Bitsetting on Single Layer DVD+R/RW can only be done with unoriginal firmware, which will void warranty on your drive.

Bitsetting on Double Layer DVD+R is performed by default.

You can get Liggy’s Bitsetting Firmware for your drive here.
You’ll also need the Binflash utility to flash the firmware and then enable bitsetting.

Welcome to CDFreaks! :slight_smile:

Thanks… that helped alot… another question … i have a HP laptop dv6704nr and the dvd drive is a

Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7561A

I’ve looked high and low to see if this does bitsetting… i know it is dual layer… but i can’t find any info on bitsetting and if i can make it do bitsetting…

any help is appreciate… thanks

Sorry, but I don’t know about the Optiarc AD-7561A drive.
Perhaps someone else can help, or you could use the [B]Search[/B] function.

ok no problem… thanks though… another question… and thanks for your patience by the way… but i only have a laptop and i’m going to get the sony optiarc 7200 external burner from above and then put on the new firmware that you directed me to…

Only thing is i’m going to get an ide to usb adapter to connect it to my laptop… will that work for back up my oringinal xbox 360 games… or will that cause an error in burn?

Thanks for the help.

[quote=aznstud510x;2177261]Only thing is i’m going to get an ide to usb adapter to connect it to my laptop… will that work for back up my oringinal xbox 360 games… or will that cause an error in burn?[/quote] I guess it depends on the USB/IDE (or USB/SATA) bridge chipset used.

The USB-IDE bridge cable I use with JMicron chipset has some problems with e.g. Optiarc and Pioneer drives, so I have to be careful how I use it.

The USB-IDE bridge I have in my external enclosure with Prolific PL-3507 works much better with these drives.

sorry… that was a little over my head… haha… so your saying that i should be fine … backing up an xbox 360 game over using an ide/usb connection from a sony optiarc 7200 dvd burner to my laptop?

and when d/l binflash… what device should i d/l? win32 or win32gui?

[quote=aznstud510x;2177283]sorry… that was a little over my head… haha… so your saying that i should be fine … backing up an xbox 360 game over using an ide/usb connection from a sony optiarc 7200 dvd burner to my laptop?[/quote] Short version: It depends on who made your USB/IDE adapter. I cannot predict the outcome.

and when d/l binflash… what device should i d/l? win32 or win32gui?
Download the win32gui version.

Thank you!! :wink: