Sony Optiarc AD-7191S

vbimport

[QUOTE=Albert;2023897]Start >> right click on My Computer >> Properties >> Advanced tab >> Startup and Recovery > click Settings >> Write Debugging Information[/QUOTE]
yeah what Albert said :slight_smile:

It’s set on small memory dump (128 kb)
There is only one other option “kernal memory dump”

nlp, can you try what I suggested about using the Microsoft drivers?

[QUOTE=Albert;2023914]nlp, can you try what I suggested about using the Microsoft drivers?[/QUOTE]yeah either that and/or see if you have the latest drivers :iagree:

when selecting the drivers manually, the following appears asking to “select the device driver you want to install for this hardware”: (which one to choose?)

cd rom drive
cd rom drive (force CDDA accurate)
cd rom drive (force CDDA inaccurate)
cd rom drive (force IMAPI disable)
cd rom drive (IMAP settings 0,1)
cd rom drive (IMAP settings 0,2)
cd rom drive (IMAP settings 0,3)
cd rom drive (IMAP settings 0,4)
cd rom drive (IMAP settings 0,5)
cd rom drive (IMAP settings 1,0)
cd rom drive (IMAP settings 1,2)
cd rom drive (IMAP settings 1,3)
cd rom drive (IMAP settings 1,4)
cd rom drive (IMAP settings 1,5)

Oh, no, change the driver for the SATA controller [NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller], not the DVD burner itself.

Tried to burn a backup of a movie (instead of a dvd), the pc copied the dvd files to the hard drive then crashed/burned at writing.

scsiport.sys failure.

Hmm…that was with stock, generic Windows drivers, correct?

nlp like Albert said please try M$ drivers and see if you have a nforce driver up date fix for this. Try both and see the result.

Checked services, the Imapi cd burning was stopped. Set to automatic and started service… same issue BSOD. Also made sure drive was set to DMA MODE instead of PIA. Also, found on Slysoft’s FAQ page to switch on “safe mode” with in AnyDvD… same result BSOD. scsiport.sys failure.

just wrote DVD files to my hard drive - worked fine CloneDVD finished 100% lalalalalalala… the DVD is now actually burning…this prompts the question…can a lightscribe dvd burner only use the silver backed dvd’s. I’am not using the light scribing feature on my burners. But, this time instead of using the Taiyo Yuden DVD’s with the paper backing, I used CompUSA branded DVD’s and its gotten further than ever? go figure…:iagree:

yeah usually it’s the other way around when using those blanks.

Success ! DVD burner finally works !

[QUOTE=nlp;2025109]Success ! DVD burner finally works ![/QUOTE]:clap: yaaaaaaa :cool:

:a[quote=nlp;2023894]How do I check for the memory settings … small, kernal, complete.[/quote]

I have Sony Optiarc AD-7191S installed on my Asus P5K Deluxe mobo
And I’m having some problems with this drive as well, this drive (I just bought) it will not burn DVD-R. There is nothing you can do to fix it, just get rid of it and get a good drive like Asus or something. That’s what I’m going to do. Would not recommend this drive to anyone. :a

I have Sony Optiarc AD-7191S installed on my Asus P5K Deluxe mobo
And I’m having some problems with this drive as well, this drive (I just bought) it will not burn DVD-R. There is nothing you can do to fix it, just get rid of it and get a good drive like Asus or something. That’s what I’m going to do. Would not recommend this drive to anyone. :a[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

The OP fixed his problem and the drive is working :wink:

If you give us some more details perhaps we could help you with yours.

[quote=Arachne;2074921]Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

The OP fixed his problem and the drive is working :wink:

If you give us some more details perhaps we could help you with yours.[/quote]

I appreciate, but thank you.I have build a good system and I don’t want this drive in it. I will get Asus DRW-2014L1T. You can check review
http://reviews.pricegrabber.com/dvd-rom-dvd-writers/m/51888203/