Sony Optiarc AD-7191S

vbimport

Hello,

I’m new to CDFreaks ! Glad to see there are people out there to help solve some of the PC issues that arise. I recently purchased (2) Sony Optiarc AD-7191S DVD burners. :a But, I am having trouble duplicating some disks for backups while using AnyDVD. While trying to either copy from disk to disk or copy to an image file the burner gets to about 99% complete then crashes the entire PC (blue screen of death - physical memory dump). I have to actually reload the drivers to get the tray to open. Can some one Help Please ! If this requires a firmware update please post the web site for download and any procedures if required.

Thanks in advance ! :iagree:

Ok, I flashed the firmware with Optiarc’s firmware 1.01. It was already at v1.01 but, I flashed anyway. Same result as before (Windows BSD)!

Please someone, Help !!!

When updating the drivers, I noticed that the region code is not set on my DVD burner. Could this be the problem, per my earlier posts?

Thanks - anyone? anyone? anyone? Buehler? :sad:

Well, I set the region code to 1. The system still crashes when reading from the original disk.

HELP !

What are your system specifications? Such as motherboard, chipset, installed drivers, etc.

You can use programs like CPU-Z, Everest, PC Wizard, Nero InfoTool, etc to get information if you don’t know it. :flower:

Most important would be motherboard, chipset, and SATA drivers cause thatswhat usually cause trouble.
Updating storage controller drives will never be wrong. :slight_smile:

chip: intel q6600
mobo: ASUS striker II formula - asus s775 nf780i sli ddr2
Corsari memory: 2 - 2 gig memory sticks
Sony Optiarc AD-7191S qty (2)
windows xp x64
nvidia 9600 gt 512 mb

Ah, the old nForce chipset shows its head…

What version of the nForce SATA driver are you using, and are you running a RAID setup?

dvd #1

NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller

Driver Provider: NVIDIA Corporation
Driver Version: 5.10.2600.0998
Driver Date: 08/09/2007

g:\windows\inf\oem4.inf
G:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers
vgts64.sys
G:\WINDOWS\system32\idecoi.dll
G:\WINDOWS\system32\idecoiins.dll

dvd #2

NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller

Driver Provider: NVIDIA Corporation
Driver Version: 5.10.2600.0998
Driver Date: 08/09/2007

g:\windows\inf\oem4.inf
G:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers
vgts64.sys
G:\WINDOWS\system32\idecoi.dll
G:\WINDOWS\system32\idecoiins.dll

Do you have your hard drives set up in a RAID array?

no, I only have one hard drive… 160 gb Western digital Sata

Does your BIOS have any options pertaining to RAID?

When setting up the PC, I don’t remember selecting any of the options with RAID.

Do you have any other software installed besides AnyDVD, such as Alcohol, Daemon Tools, etc, that might be interfering with the proper lead-out and causing the BSOD?

no, not that I know of… anitvirus AVG and adaware by lavasoft…

Okay, this may be a bit risky, but can you try to use the stock Microsoft drivers, as opposed to using the nVidia drivers?

Go to Device Manager, find the SATA controllers, right click, select Update Driver, [Install from a specific location], [Don’t search. I will choose the driver to install], [Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE controller (or the like)]. The system should do okay with those drivers, as you aren’t running RAID.

What is your memory dump set at? Small, Kernal, or Complete?

How do I check for the memory settings … small, kernal, complete.

Start >> right click on My Computer >> Properties >> Advanced tab >> Startup and Recovery > click Settings >> Write Debugging Information

Go to System Properties > Click on the Advanced tab > Click on Settings under Start up and Recovery > look down near the bottom and see what you dump is set at. Mine is set for Small 64 kb. My not be any help but just thought i would ask.