Sony Optiarc AD-5260B 24x DVD±RW & DL SATA Optical Drive

vbimport

well been looking around and could do with a bit of advise.

i used to own an optiarc 7200a which i’ll be honest is thebest burner i have ever owned and ive owned quite a few inc pioneer etc.

anyway just lately it started to fail with single layer dvd-r’s so i decided to replace the burner. after reading a few reviews and viewing scans i decided to purchase the 7241s.
after a few what seemed succesful burns i decided to watch a film i had burnt. it refused to play in my player so i tested in a few other players. and the same result…out of 5 burns 2 would play the other 3 would not. so i decided to try DL support. they all got to 99% of finalising and failed. this happned on 5 attempts (it was aone and i know its considered crappy media but the 7200a has no probs at all with them).
after reading up a bit i found that my on board vt8237 wasnt considered very good for sata burners so i decided to keep the burner and buy a pci sata card.
well i installed the sata card and the problem is still there and the scan is the worse scan i have of all 3 of my burners.

so have now decided i would like to buy a new burner that works well with vt6421 pci card and prefereably with cheapo media. i saw Sony Optiarc AD-5260B 24x DVD±RW on ebuyer at a great price but cant find any reviews or scans anywhere around. just wondering if anyone has any experience with this drive and wether it would be a good purchase?.
i’m open to all makes / models of burners as well…its just the 7200a was far and beyond the best burner i have ever had…untill last few days when it started toi fail i must have had over 2000 burns with all different media and SL + DL without a single fail. yup thats right nota single coaster.
anyway if it helps the scans are below. all from same source with 3 different burners.

as it stands at the mo i am using the 7200a for dual layer burns, the liteon for single layer burns and the 7241s for reading to try and extend the life of my poor old 7200a

so any info on the Sony Optiarc AD-5260B 24x DVD±RW is very much appreciated

If you’re looking for another 7200A, check this thread. The current eBay listing is here.

No relation to the seller…