SONY-NN3-002 made in japan or taiwan?

vbimport

how can i identify a “SONY-NN3-002” blank media it’s made in japan or made in taiwan?
without box, jewel case…?
are the mid for japan and taiwan the same?

Same MID. The only way to differentiate would be the serial numbers imprinted in the clear plastic hub area of the disc, but for that you would have to know the numbering scheme used by Sony (Japan) vs Daxon (Taiwan). Unfortunately I don’t think anyone around here has bought enough of both types to have that information.

Sony NN3-002 made in Taiwan(according to the Japanese supplier).

Hub Code: LA900313DE3056X10090717C S

Stamper Code: BR6-5001

following information are from a neu factory sealed cakebox of 10 blank media.
at the inlay (page 2 inside the cakebox) is specified “made in taiwan” but no “made in” specifications on the cakebox.
hub code: LBB00826DE3056X111104058 S
stamper code: BR6-5002

cakebox sony br-r 25gb 6x

that has nothing to do with my first post.

memory,

do you think the 10 cake package is MIT?

i don’t know. i’m totally new in that blu-ray stuff.

but i had asked in europe a lot of people to take a look
in the inlay (page 2 inside the cakebox), and all have had the same
taiwan specifications. more than 20 cakes. :confused:

[QUOTE=memory;2620017]

that has nothing to do with my first post.[/QUOTE]
Just following Two Degrees logic and trying to add at least one bit of information as you get this sorted out. Sorry to ruffle your feathers. PMed one of our members who has mentioned having experience with both MIJ and MIT. Perhaps can help out. This member reported finding little to no difference in burn quality between them.
Made in Taiwan:

“that has nothing to do with my first post.” this means the blank media of my first post has nothing to do with the blank media in the cakebox of my second post. :wink:

deanwitty, where can i find some q-scans of japan versus taiwan blanks to see his experiences?

Here my scans

1. Pioneer S05 @ 12x Japan

2. Pioneer S05 @ 12x Taiwan

[QUOTE=memory;2620102]“that has nothing to do with my first post.” this means the blank media of my first post has nothing to do with the blank media in the cakebox of my second post. :wink:

deanwitty, where can i find some q-scans of japan versus taiwan blanks to see his experiences?[/QUOTE]

Ahhh. Thanks for setting me straight :).

I have not seen any members posting scans of MIJ and MIT NN3’s burned and scanned with the same burner, but I may have missed it. Katraine posted a MIJ scan here. A little more discussion about this topic can be found here. It appears that the last MIJ Sony’s seen in the wild were sold in jewel cases. You may still be able to get them from Japanese sellers?

Edit: Nikoneko Ya! is still listing them as made in Japan.

[QUOTE=memory;2620017]following information are from a neu factory sealed cakebox of 10 blank media.
at the inlay (page 2 inside the cakebox) is specified “made in taiwan” but no “made in” specifications on the cakebox.
hub code: LBB00826DE3056X111104058 S
stamper code: BR6-5002

cakebox sony br-r 25gb 6x

that has nothing to do with my first post.[/QUOTE]

These are definitely made by Ritek.

[QUOTE=pepst;2620171]These are definitely made by Ritek.[/QUOTE]

:eek:
How can you tell, Obi-Wan? :wink:
Does the same apply to the code I posted?

You can easily determine the country of origin by a serial number. Typical serial numbers of Sony BD-Rs look like these:
MIT by Ritek: LA300674BD014X10031518A
MIJ by Sony: 12BA14O4J

That means that your Sony are also made by Ritek, Dean. :kiss: :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=pepst;2620182]You can easily determine the country of origin by a serial number. Typical serial numbers of Sony BD-Rs look like these:
MIT by Ritek: LA300674BD014X10031518A
MIJ by Sony: 12BA14O4J

That means that your Sony are also made by Ritek, Dean. :kiss: :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Ouch. You couldn’t have let me down a little more gently, Peter? :stuck_out_tongue: :bigsmile:

Ritek’s a little too good at bad. Hope Sony’s watching their output like a hawk and remains one of the good ones.

Hello,

I´m a little late, missed this thread somehow ;), but I can confirm, that there is no difference in quality between SONY BD-R25 6x Made in Japan and Made in Taiwan.
The scans above are the proof.:iagree:
Seems as if Sony has kept up the quality when sourcing out the production.:iagree:

Kind Regards
Katraine

How can you tell it is made by Ritek since it has a Sony MID code?

moderator note: merged this relevant post from the Sony BDR scans thread instead of creating a new thread. -Albert

Made in Taiwan, RITEK-like Spindle, [B][U]stamper code[/U][/B]!

moderator note: merged this relevant post from the Sony BDR scans thread instead of creating a new thread. -Albert

So maybe not the best quality if it made by Ritek. I wonder if there are any other sony media that are made by Sony.

As You can see in the scan above, the quality of RITEK-made SONY BD-R25 6x can be very bad to the end, I can confirm it from own experience.:frowning:

If You find this 日本製 on a spindle or package, is means “made in Japan”,
if You find this 台湾製, it means “made in Taiwan”.:wink:

Here

http://homepage2.nifty.com/yss/bluray/bluray_6.htm

You can see images of different spindles and packages of BD-R25 6x, it is said where they are made amd which mediacode they have.