Sony NEC Optiarc AD-7241S + TDK DVD+R (CMC Mag M01)

vbimport

Hi, this is my first post, I see in almost every post the quality test/scan results, from the other posts I guess that I’m getting bad discs, I’ve tried at 12x/8x with no luck, lowering the speed could improve the quality (6x or 4x), I’using a AD-7241S @1.03 RPC1 firmware (Thanks liggy) with a TDK Lightscribe 30 pack (CMC Mag M01)
Exactly this:

Here are my scans (with Opti Drive Control I dont have/like Nero):

@8X with imgburn

@12X with imgburn

@12X (again) with imgburn

8X burn IBG graphic:

First 12X burn ibg Graphic:

Thanks!
:sad:

Now, a 6X burn plus nero test (cd-dvd speed is freeware, lol!)

Nothing wrong with this scans, they look very good for cmc media.

Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=vroom;2521587]Nothing wrong with this scans, they look very good for cmc media.[/QUOTE]

Indeed, especially CMC MAG M01…they’re way prettier than the scans I got @8x :iagree:

Would be great if you could run a Transfer Rate Test (in CD-DVDSpeed) on your Optiarc, too :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2521601]Would be great if you could run a Transfer Rate Test (in CD-DVDSpeed) on your Optiarc, too :)[/QUOTE] The cyan coloured “verify” graph shown in the DVDInfoPro image is the same as a transfer rate test. :slight_smile:

I wouldn’t say the scans are “very” good, but they are as good as one can expect from CMC MAG M01 and within specs.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2521603]The cyan coloured “verify” graph shown in the DVDInfoPro image is the same as a transfer rate test. :).[/QUOTE]

Thanks Drage :flower:…as you can see, I never use DVDInfo Pro :wink:

Thanks for the responses, I’ve tested the burn quality of a 4X here:

I think its senseless 16X, so i will stick with 12X which seems decent :wink: