vbimport

Newegg has the Sony NEC Optiarc AD-7200S for only $26.99 with free shipping
for anybody thats interested.

I just ordered one and am looking forward to seeing what it can do with the
Liggy and Dee modified firmware.

Now its $25.99 with free shipping.
budzos

How is it? Did you flash it? Any scans?

I have been out of town but I can tell you this, its flashed with the current Liggy and Dee firmware. I get great results with TY TO2’s and it has saved a 50pack of Gigaware +R disks from the trash. There media code was RICOHJPN-R03-04 and I could not get an acceptable burn with any of my burners. I have a bunch of the new packaging +R verbs and some Ritek F16’s that are poor quality and I am hoping to get them to burn acceptably with this 7200S as well. No HOF burns yet.
budzos

I had to break down and get one for that price.

Plus the added bonus of Liggy and Dee firmware support :wink:

Heres a couple of scans, both burned at 8x and scanned at 4x, one a TO2 with typical results the other a Ritek F16 that normally burns with well over 2000 pifs with a max of 4. I am very glad that this burner can handle these disks since I bought 10 50 packs for $2.50 each at Office Depot a few years back.
budzos

Just ordered one for my mom. I think she’s getting one of my other burners instead.:stuck_out_tongue:

LOL that’s the CDFreak spirit!

Wonderful Ritek scan budzos!

Do you have any Verbatim MCC 03RG20 burned at 16x scanned?

I have about a 1,000 of these, my Samsung does a excellent job but I am always looking for better :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=jhtalisman;2079046]Just ordered one for my mom. I think she’s getting one of my other burners instead.:p[/QUOTE]

Something that seems strange to me about the AD-7200S is the DVD+R DL burn speed is 8x
but the DVD-R DL burn speed is 12x why would the -R DL speed be rated higher than +R DL :confused:

[QUOTE=MegaDETH;2079073]LOL that’s the CDFreak spirit!

Wonderful Ritek scan budzos!

Do you have any Verbatim MCC 03RG20 burned at 16x scanned?

I have about a 1,000 of these, my Samsung does a excellent job but I am always looking for better :)[/QUOTE]

I just burned one for ya, its from a spindle of 50 printables that came free from Newegg when I bought my first Benq 1620. Its pretty old but these are the only
-R discs I have ever gotten since I use +R for everything.
budzos

[QUOTE=getit29;2079079]Something that seems strange to me about the AD-7200S is the DVD+R DL burn speed is 8x
but the DVD-R DL burn speed is 12x why would the -R DL speed be rated higher than +R DL :confused:[/QUOTE]

thats their way of playing it safe …as -R DL are very rarely used

Very good, that’s the type of result I was hoping for.

Thanks budzos!

[QUOTE=budzos;2079108]I just burned one for ya, its from a spindle of 50 printables that came free from Newegg when I bought my first Benq 1620. Its pretty old but these are the only
-R discs I have ever gotten since I use +R for everything.
budzos[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=MegaDETH;2079358]Very good, that’s the type of result I was hoping for.

Thanks budzos![/QUOTE]

Happy to help,
budzos

[QUOTE=getit29;2079079]Something that seems strange to me about the AD-7200S is the DVD+R DL burn speed is 8x
but the DVD-R DL burn speed is 12x why would the -R DL speed be rated higher than +R DL :confused:[/QUOTE]

How are the burns with MIS Verb + 8x and +2.4x, please? Thank you.

Can’t help you there, all my DL burns are done with my Pioneer 111L’s. I have
not found a burner out there that beats there quality. I am sure there are some scans posted in the NEC forum but as I recall they were average.
budzos

[QUOTE=Coconut;2079465]How are the burns with MIS Verb + 8x and +2.4x, please? Thank you.[/QUOTE]I believe someone said their Pio 115 was better with DL, but they didn’t say the NEC was bad.

Enclosed MKM001 (MIS) @ 4x CLV w/1.06bt. Had a similar result as S223F, so I’m willing to bet that had the discs been better, a better result would’ve came out.

If anyone prefers the IDE model 7200A, It’s 23.99 with free shipping.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827118011

How does this DVD burner stack up against a Benq 1640 and NEC-3500a, in terms of absolute CD and DVD burn quality and dvd rip speeds?

My blank medai stash consists of Fuji Taiyo Yuden CDRs and either Fuji Taiyo Yuden 8x +r or Staples 8x +r (CMC Mag) DVD blanks.

How does this DVD burner stack up against a Benq 1640 and NEC-3500a or Pioneer 112 / 115 / 215, in terms of absolute CD and DVD burn quality and dvd rip speeds? (don’t own a Pioneer yet)

My blank medai stash consists of Fuji Taiyo Yuden CDRs and either Fuji Taiyo Yuden 8x +r or Staples 8x +r (CMC Mag) DVD blanks.

EDIT: and does it have the 4x DVD rip lock like my NEC-3500a?