Sony NEC Optiarc 7220A compatibility with Nero 6

Hello All,

I just added 4 new Sony NEC Optiarc AD-7220A drives to my system. I connected them to a Highpoint RocketRaid 454, using 1 channel for each drive.

Tried to do a simple CD burn copying data from the hard drive to a CD and Nero 6 fails. Also having trouble with Alcohol 120 (but they admit this is not a supported drive).

My question is this…
Is this a supported drive for Nero 6?
Is it supported with the latest Nero version?
Is anyone else having problems with this drive model?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Mike Mattera

I would assume it’s your Highpoint Raid card. I can’t see a Raid card worrying about opticals. Does it mention opticals in the manual?

[I]4-channel ATA RAID Host Adapter
Supports arrays up to 2TB
[B]supports up to 8 hard disk drives[/B]
supports RAID 0, 1, 5, 10, JBOD
4 independent ATA 133 channels provide parallel disk array access [/I]

You are going to have do some searching for one that works. Usually the method is to move your HDDs to the card (as long as it says it’s bootable) and put your opticals on the MOBO connectors.

[QUOTE=MysticEyes;2240478] Usually the method is to move your HDDs to the card (as long as it says it’s bootable) and put your opticals on the MOBO connectors.[/QUOTE]The other option would be a Silicon Image 0680 based controller card with base Bios (non-Raid) applied :cool:

You guys hit the nail on the head. Thanks for your help. I had an old Silicon Image card laying around and used that instead of the RocketRaid 454. Everything works great now.

Mike Mattera