Sony MIT inconsistencies in Samsung SH-S203N

vbimport

:aHi

burned at 32x [allegedly]
Sony branded Daxon MIT CD-R

Where is your problem :confused:

C1 errors and jitter are absolutely in spec. Your Samsung decided to slow down to 16x for some reason but that shouldnt happen on every CD-R.

Hi

burned at 32x [allegedly]
Sony branded Daxon MIT CD-R

I see no problem with the latest one either? :confused:

It burned at 32x, as required. Scan and TRT look alright.

Probably the Sammy slowed down on the first one due to varying quality of the media?

[QUOTE=Arachne;2107942]I see no problem with the latest one either? :confused:

It burned at 32x, as required. Scan and TRT look alright.

Probably the Sammy slowed down on the first one due to varying quality of the media?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for Arachne,

So there is nothing to worry about? Good… I just bought crap cheap media, b/c i could not find Verbatim branded CMC Magnetics CD-Rs on sale!

NBK

I wouldn’t call it 100% crap. It’s just not up to Verbatim standards ['cause it’s not Verbatim]. But it’s still good for day-to-day use. :slight_smile:

When you start getting a bunch of C2 on a normal scan, then you should start calling it complete crap. :iagree: :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Albert;2107950]I wouldn’t call it 100% crap. It’s just not up to Verbatim standards ['cause it’s not Verbatim]. But it’s still good for day-to-day use. :slight_smile:

When you start getting a bunch of C2 on a normal scan, then you should start calling it complete crap. :iagree: :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info Albert,

NBK

[QUOTE=Albert;2107950]I wouldn’t call it 100% crap. It’s just not up to Verbatim standards ['cause it’s not Verbatim]. But it’s still good for day-to-day use. :slight_smile:

When you start getting a bunch of C2 on a normal scan, then you should start calling it complete crap. :iagree: :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Hi Albert,

look at this:

NOW they’re cruddy. :eek:

How does it look scanned on the Samsung? [Yes, I know about MediaTek DVD drives & CDs]

[QUOTE=Albert;2113991]NOW they’re cruddy. :eek:

How does it look scanned on the Samsung? [Yes, I know about MediaTek DVD drives & CDs][/QUOTE]

Hi Albert,

It would scan with C2 errors but would freeze Windows requiring a reboot!

EDIT: A couple of days ago i just bought 150 MIT Verbatim CD-Rs.

Thanks for responding,
NBK

Holy… Sony Daxons? I have Verbatim Daxons that are MIM that fares a lot better than that. I’ve only gone through about 30 discs (of 2x100 spindles) and I haven’t encountered that (yet).

Your latest scan is pure and absolute crap. No doubt. Are there any physical/visual defects on the disc that is apparent?

[QUOTE=evo69;2114071]Holy… Sony Daxons? I have Verbatim Daxons that are MIM that fares a lot better than that. I’ve only gone through about 30 discs (of 2x100 spindles) and I haven’t encountered that (yet).

Your latest scan is pure and absolute crap. No doubt. Are there any physical/visual defects on the disc that is apparent?[/QUOTE]

HI evo69,

My Sony branded Daxons are MIT…

There are no defects that i can see. I am going to junk the whole lot!

Thanks
NBK

What a waste ain’t it? Better than figuring out where all your data went after a few months of burning on bad discs. :wink:

Better luck on your next purchase. I’ve never had such a negative experience with Sony media and I stick with Verbs or Sonys when I can get my hands on them. No doubt that quality varies.

[QUOTE=evo69;2114126]What a waste ain’t it? Better than figuring out where all your data went after a few months of burning on bad discs. :wink:

Better luck on your next purchase. I’ve never had such a negative experience with Sony media and I stick with Verbs or Sonys when I can get my hands on them. No doubt that quality varies.[/QUOTE]

Hi evo69,

I am going to see if i can get warranty service from Sony for their junk CD-Rs!!!

Thanks
NBK

:aHi

another disc with C2 errors
Sony CD-R MIT [Daxon]
Nero DiscSpeed 4.11.2.0 'Create Disc’
set to burn @32x, but burned @16x instead
Samsung SH-S203N fully patched SB02