SONY MHC-RV777D, halfway done the video it stops playback of recorded DVDs

vbimport

I have a SONY DCR-HC42E handycam. I have transferred my mini-DV cassette videos to Video clips using Power Producer that came with my LG Super Multi DVD Writer (Power Producer came with CyberLink software - free with the LG DVD writer GSA-H42N).

If I am burning VCDs everything seems ok. But when I burn DVD (HQ, MPEG and 16x write speed are the settings for writable 4.7GB single layer DVD) there is a typical problem - Initial playback on RV777D is ok but after about 30-35 minutes of playback the picture ‘hangs’ and playback becomes erratic.

What is the issue?

I am facing same problem with standalone SONY DVD player model NP??? …dont know exactly the model right now.

Would appreciate any help provided…

:wink:

Thanks

Welcome to the forum. :flower:

[QUOTE=alankrut;2468077]…when I burn DVD (HQ, MPEG and 16x write speed are the settings for writable 4.7GB single layer DVD) there is a typical problem - Initial playback on RV777D is ok but after about 30-35 minutes of playback the picture ‘hangs’ and playback becomes erratic.

What is the issue?..[/QUOTE]

Try slowing the burn speed down to 12x or 8x.

What brand of DVD media are you using? Lower quality media, combined with burn speeds that are too fast for that media to handle, will usually cause this problem.

Also, make sure your burner’s firmware is up to date: