Sony kills the downgrade hack with new PS3 firmware 3.55

vbimport

Sony kills the downgrade hack with new PS3 firmware 3.55.

[newsimage]http://static.rankone.nl/images_posts/2010/12/zjSXSs.jpg[/newsimage]When the makers of PS Jailbreak launched their PS Downgrade USB key just a few weeks ago it was advertised to work on PS3 firmware version 3.42 “and beyond”. While the downgrade key did actually work on firmware version 3.50, Sony has just rolled out firmware version 3.55 and it’s being reported that the downgrade functionality is now disabled. 

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/sony-kills-the-downgrade-hack-with-new-ps3-firmware-3-55-37462/](http://www.myce.com/news/sony-kills-the-downgrade-hack-with-new-ps3-firmware-3-55-37462/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

LOL, can you say SMACKDOWN?

According to Wanikoko and Gorgo they have already circumvented the fix, The solution will be out soon.

:cool::cool:

[QUOTE=platinumsword;2562146]Wanikoko[/QUOTE]Why Sony and/or Nintendo isn’t giving this guy an insane amount of money to come up with a fool proof solution baffles me.

Next weeks headline: PSJailbreak releases new patch to circumvent sony firmware.
2 weeks Headline: PS3 Firmware 3.56 removes downgrade functionality.
3 weeks headline: PSJailbreak releases new patch to circumvent sony firmware.
4 weeks headline: PS3 Firmware 3.57 removes downgrade functionality.
5 weeks headline: PSJailbreak releases new patch to circumvent sony firmware.
6 weeks headline: PS3 Firmware 3.58 removes downgrade functionality.
… REPEAT …

A few months Headline: Frustrated PS3 users annoyed by constant sony updates, destroy PS3’s with a big stick and buy Xbox 360’s .

99 weeks headline: Constant re-down-and-up-dating a PS3 creates a singularity which will eventually create a portal to a remote planet where Tardis live.

100 Weeks headline: Hadron collider discovers light comes a pale second in velocity, compared to the speed of hackers cracking Sony PS3 firmwares :wink:
101 Weeks headline: Sony Entertainment implodes, then explodes, Hadron Collider is retired after Big Bang is monitored from every direction by every financial institution on Earth, rebel alliance/ewoks celebrate downfall of evil empire.

Week 102.

Ok im going to tell you all how to downgrade your PS3 firmware…

YOU NEED…
USB 2.0 IDE/SATA Connector
x2 USB flash drives
Firmware download (http://downloads.exophase.com/685/ps3-firmware-341)
Playstation OS download (http://us.playstation.com/support/systemupdates/ps3/pc_update/index.htm)
Windows Machine

So first off you will need to follow playstation OS instructions

Create a folder on the storage media in which to save the update data. Using a PC, create a folder named “PS3” on the storage media or USB device. Within the PS3 folder, create a folder named “UPDATE”.Be sure to save the update data as noted below. If the data is not saved in the correct way, the PS3™ system will not recognize the update data. The folder name must be in all uppercase letters.
File name: Save as file name “PS3UPDAT.PUP”.

Then on another USB

Save the update data to a USB mass storage device
general, the storage media must have at least 120 MB or more of free space.
Save the data to the following location on the storage media. Using a computer, create a folder named “PS3” on the storage media. Within the “PS3” folder, create a folder named “UPDATE”. Save the update data in the “UPDATE” folder.
Be sure to save the update data as noted below. If the data is not saved in the correct way, the PlayStation will not recognize the update data. The folder name must be in all uppercase letters.
File name: Save as file name “PS3UPDAT.PUP”

Then remove PS3 hdd heres the removal instructions (http://us.playstation.com/support/answer/index.htm?a_id=362)

Then you will need to reformat hdd. (http://www.ehow.com/how_6026_format-hard-drive.html)

Then remove the CMOS battery and leave it out for about 10-20 minutes to be on the safe side, and then reinstall.
you will have to open PS3 right up to get at it and note !!! THIS WILL OID YOUR WARRANTY !!!

Then reinstall HDD in to PS3

Then install OS.

Do not turn off the PS3â„¢ system or remove the storage media or USB device during an update. If an update is cancelled before completion, the system software may become damaged, and the system may require servicing or exchange.
During an update, the power button on the system front and PS button of the controller are inactive.
Insert the USB device that contains the update data in the PS3â„¢ system.
From the home menu, select (Settings) > (System Update), and then press the button.
Select [Update via Storage Media] The system automatically searches for and finds the update data saved on the storage media or USB device.Start the update. Press the button to start the update. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.
Confirm that the update was successful.
After the update has been completed, go to (Settings) > (System Settings) > [System Information].
If the [System Software] field displays the version number of the update, the update was successful.
Hint

Then install firmware.

Turn on your PlayStation 3 console and insert the storage media.
From the XrossMediaBar, head over to Settings and finally to System Update. Press X on your controller to move to the next step.
Select Update via Storage Media and the system will search the drive for the PUP file.
Follow the on screen instructions to begin the update. When the update is done, your PS3 will reboot and when you come back, confirm you have the firmware update. Head to Settings, then System Settings and finally System Information. If the number showing matches the update you downloaded at the beginning of the guide, then the update was successful :slight_smile:

You can delete the update data from the USB devices after the update has been successfully completed

Does that work on the 3.55 aswell Badassdeeess?

No :-(((((( I have a PS3 with Firmware 3.55, and this downgrade work not

PS3 may be cracked for good, for ever.

Ok i have just upgraded my firmware to 3.55 just to cheak it out and see what happends. On the thread that i left PS3 firmware was 3.50. Bare in mind that the CMOS battery holds all the firmware infomation and memory so as long as you reset that IT DOES JUST LIKE ON A COMPUTER!!! I will be posting a video following every single step of the way to prove that it does. The only way that it wouldnt work is if you didnt leave the CMOS battery out for long enough that i doesnt reset. And PS3s do not have BIOS jumpers so you cannot jump it. Unless i just couldnt find it… Well i upgraded to 3.55 and guess what IT WORKS STAY TUNED AND MY VIDEO WILL UP SOON :P… A PS3 IS ONLY A SMALLER COMPUTER SO IT CAN ALWAYS BE HACKED AND CHANGED!!!:cool:

Ive Just done it !!! Video will be up soon so stay tuned.

[QUOTE=Badassdeeess;2567708]Ive Just done it !!! Video will be up soon so stay tuned.[/QUOTE]: clap: Nice work! I am torn between downgrading (now that i know it can be done) from 3.55 so i can save games using PS3 break on the HDD… or staying with the later firmware & enjoying 3D bluray…

hmmmmm well we use the unit for more than just games so think i’ll just wait till they come up with a hack that doesn’t need you to go back to 3.41 firmware.