Sony including PSP Movies on Blu-ray

I just posted the article Sony including PSP Movies on Blu-ray.

PSP owners who also have a PS3 have the ability to purchase a Blu-ray movie with a PSP-ready copy of the movie.

Read the full article here: [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/20571-sony-including-psp-movies-on-blu-ray.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/20571-sony-including-psp-movies-on-blu-ray.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

well, if this is so new, then how come Hancock has this feature?

[QUOTE=steveo119;2444178]well, if this is so new, then how come Hancock has this feature?[/QUOTE]
I think the difference is that the new feature will directly use the Blu-Ray disc movie as the source – though presumably the resolution will be reduced when transferring to the PSP, to match the PSP display resolution and to use less memory.

The original “digital copy” movies included a separate disc (DVD data disc, not Blu-Ray) which already had compressed and encrypted movie data on it. Sounds like with the new feature they don’t have to include a different disc.

The new PSP is dead in the water… it looks cool, but as soon as customers find out there is no “tangible” games they can buy for it they turn their nose up at it…
This has got to be one of the worst ideas yet Sony has come up with…
Stripping the PS3 of backwards compatibility was dumb… this just took dumb to an all new level.

I hope they die a fast miserable death…

let me think, 360 owner i presume? the last two comments are just plain sad and irrelevent to the topic! seriously dude how old are you, 5?

anyway pmarin, its about time they did something more with the remote play feature if thats the case, and as much as i want to disagree with jhutchi63, I have to agree with the point that the online feature of the PSP for games to download is not good enough…yet!

uhhh no… the 360 is garbage as well (from a hardware stand point) the system design flaws have got to be the worst in gaming history.

I own several gaming stores my friend… and when I speak about things it’s usually from the majority of general customer feedback about products.

While the last 2 comments I made in the prior post may have been irrelevant to the original topic I just felt like throwing that in… simply because they are facts… and I can.

[QUOTE=jhutchi63;2445097]

While the last 2 comments I made in the prior post may have been irrelevant to the original topic I just felt like throwing that in… simply because they are facts… and I can.[/QUOTE]

I don’t care if you own a multi-national gaming corp mate, your comments are opinion, not facts, nothing more and nothing less and therefore doesn’t make you automatically right! oh and I own the world coz I say so, amazing what you can claim from behind a computer screen eh? and even if you do own game stores then you’re obviously not going to like the psp Go! coz you wont be selling any games or films for it!

I say this because they are the facts…and because I can too!

OK you both made your points, now please stop and keep to the original topic.

Thanks.

But I was enjoying myself! :slight_smile: