Sony Hotburn CD-R/RW Software Problems

vbimport

Has anyone out there had as many problems with this software product as I have had? I have a Sony USB CRX100E/X CDR/RW drive. I have taken everyones advice, done the things that I am to do to make the device work properly, and it comes down to the only conclusion left, the burning software just can't cut it. There is a major problem with this software, I don't know what it is, but even with the patch from both the Sony site and Asimware's site, the drive just can't burn a full CD. The software freezes my system on occasion as well, and I have to re-boot to get the drive back. I am seriously thinking of buying Adaptec's Easy CD Creator software. Is this a good thing, or a bad thing? Has anyone out there had experience with these two programs, and what were the results. I know that it is not buffer underrun, the screen saver, or any other device trying to access the system while a burn is in progress. I have done 2 complete re-install of Win 98, just to make sure everything is on the up and up. I have also followed all of Sony of Canada's tech support advice and directions. Again, it's gotta be the "Hotburn" software. That is the only logical answer, Captain... wait, wait, wrong universe.... Well, I am rambling now, so any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for listening. ATAG

Today is the Tomorrow you worried about Yesterday !