Sony Handycam dvds not recognized by drive?

vbimport

I don’t have the camcorder, my niece sent them to me to burn them to regular dvds so I can make copies but when I put them in my drive they aren’t recognized. I’m not sure what I can do here?

Maybe they weren’t finalised? The safest way is to send them back to your niece and get her to finalise them. Otherwise you can try and do this with ImgBurn on your PC, but it doesn’t always work and may make them irretrievable.

If all else fails you could extract the recordings with ISObuster or CDRoller, but then you’ll have to reauthor the DVD-Video again.

Surely the handycam came with software & drivers. Used them, installed them?

[QUOTE=chef;2045325]Surely the handycam came with software & drivers. Used them, installed them?[/QUOTE]

I don’t own the cam. My niece owns it and she lives 1200 miles away.

[QUOTE=imkidd57;2045309]Maybe they weren’t finalised? The safest way is to send them back to your niece and get her to finalise them. Otherwise you can try and do this with ImgBurn on your PC, but it doesn’t always work and may make them irretrievable.

If all else fails you could extract the recordings with ISObuster or CDRoller, but then you’ll have to reauthor the DVD-Video again.[/QUOTE]

Thanks I will try sending them back first. I have a package to send to her anyway.

OK good. Please let us know how you get on. :slight_smile: