Sony goes wireless with new Blu-ray player, home theater

I just posted the article Sony goes wireless with new Blu-ray player, home theater.

Sony introduced a pretty hefty bundle of new products yesterday, but it’s the wireless Blu-ray player and home theaters that caught our attention.
The BDP-560 has built-in 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, thus…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/15612-Sony-goes-wireless-with-new-Blu-ray-player-home-theater.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/15612-Sony-goes-wireless-with-new-Blu-ray-player-home-theater.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

The BDV-E500W uses S-AIR technology to beam out audio to rear surround speakers

Anybody knows something about the quality of these kind of technologies? Do you still experience real surround sound with this system?

Well, if its a digital signal, then it should be the same as your optical out surely?:confused:

Most of the consumer wireless links are 2.4 GHz, which is a very crowded band. Problems are common. Digital links are less prone to interferance issues, but not immune.

“Consumers don’t want a living room cluttered with wires and the new Blu-ray Disc product lineup breaks down the wired barriers of the past," said Chris Fawcett, vice president of marketing for Sony Electronics’ Home Product Division.

Yep! Your right! Then why in the hell do you make a product that requires an Internet connection to fully enjoy?

Crabbyapplton… That is why, YOU can just buy an old BD Player with Ethernet cable. Hehe.
Wireless Audio is awesome. I have been looking at some Boose wireless rear speakers myself. As that is the most annoying cables in my room.

It’s really cool how they get the boose to conduct electricity wirelessly…or…er…is that boose, booze or Bose? never mind

Wi-Fi so Sony can upgrade your firmware without your permission. No thanks.

as opposed to not being able to let me play certain features on upcoming bluray films? yes please!