Sony faces increased PSP piracy threat after another exploit

vbimport

I just posted the article Sony faces increased PSP piracy threat after another exploit.

Just  shortly after Sony's PSP launch, hackers have figured out how to run software  from a memory stick using an exploit that gets around the player's copyright  protection.                    ...
Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/10547-Sony-faces-increased-PSP-piracy-threat-after-another-exploit.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/10547-Sony-faces-increased-PSP-piracy-threat-after-another-exploit.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

I find this funny because the new news is there is a Mod out that allows firmwareDowngrading.Team Xecuter has announced that they have created a PSPX Mass Storage Converter mod that also allows downgrading of Firmware. :B

no, the team xecuter mod does not allow for firmware downgrade, they said that they could do it using the device but that feature would not be included in the final product, there leaving it up to a software hack which they say isn’t long away as there aware that hacker groups know how to do it.

Dont trust things that was statud by Ps2nfo :wink: the device xecuter is making is only for mass storige,you can read it on there site www.teamxecuter.com “So far the only games that cannot be played on a memory stick with the old firmware are those under 1GB.” There is allready a way to play the some of backuped umds unlike the article states.:g

it’s like i’ve been saying, is it possible that this exploit will be used to play emulated games from other systems? Like the classics no one wants to re-buy for the nth time. Does this new firmware protect against that…why would anyone need 2GB mem sticks…hmmm

Great news thats what they get for over priceing there crap.

Great news thats what they get for over priceing there crap. and killing decrypter crash n burn sony